Feather Pro Blade Performance in a Schick Injector

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Billyfergie, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Schick Type G 2 Injector ...:p
    [​IMG]
    Another shot...:p
    [​IMG]
    Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
    Schick Type G 2 Injector
    Feather Pro Injector Blade ( Modified )
    Semogue Boar Brush
    Palmolive Shaving Cream (added Argan oil)
    Organic Aloe Vera Gel
    LOGONA Man Aftershave Splash (From Germany)

I had my Maiden shave this morning with a Feather Pro Injector Blade in a Schick Injector ..I decided to do this just out of curiosity...I use the Feather Pro in my Feather SS Club and I have found them to be really smooth and quite forgiving blades....I have found that they are really sharp for the first shave in the SS Club and then they sort of loss their initial sharpness after the first shave...I get around 4 Two pass shaves out of one in the SS Club and then they are as blunt as an old spanner... Some folks get a lot more than that but I certainly don't that's for sure...My brother has a lighter growth than me and he reckons that he gets about 6 Two pass shaves out of a Feather Pro in an SS Club and that makes sense to me...;)

The Feather Pro is a lot longer than a standard injector blade so they need to be cut down to size with a sharp pair of scissors...Its a two minute job to be honest...No problem there...The blade cut clean and left no ruff edges...I slipped the Feather Pro into a Schick Injector magazine and loaded the blade as per normal...No problems there either...I have heard all sorts of horror stories regarding these practice's but you would need to be a Muppet to mess this up and or damage your injector... If you did by any chance find any ruff edge after cutting it in two then a wee rub with ladies nail file would suffice to clean it up...No problem there...All in all it took me no more than two minutes ...:cool:

How did it perform ?

Well...I must say that the Feather Pro performed above and beyond my expectation's to be frank and honest...I chose the Schick Type G Injector because I am more than familiar with the shaving characteristic's of it with various injector blades...I am in a position to compare the Feather Pro with current Personna, Chinese and various other NOS Injector blades... :)

I offered the Schick G Type & Feather Pro Blade Combo 3 days of whiskers to cut down and I am seriously impressed with how smooth and comfortable these blades are compared to Personna & Chinese Schick Injector blades...That said...I didn't find any noticeable difference in the cutting power compared to Chinese Schick blades but they sure are a lot smoother and more comfortable for the first shave at least...NOS Schick Platinum Injector blades are far sharper than the Feather Pro and just as smooth, but they can be hard to track down at the right price...:p

I could have walked away with more than an acceptable 2 pass shave...The Pro Blade came into its own on the final ATG pass and boy was it smooth....Smooth as icing on cake...I ended up with the most perfect All Over BBS result...My face is smooth as silk folks and with no hint of irritation...The Schick G Type & Feather Pro Blade combo is a great match ;)...

The interesting thing is that in the UK these Feather Pro blades are actually cheaper than Chinese Schick Injector Blades....The longevity of the Pro blade remains to be seen though....I doubt that it will last long...Time will tell...The Feather Pro Blade sure as hell will change the shaving characteristic's of a Schick Injector that's for sure....:happy088:
    No bones about it....:chores016:

Billy

mrchick and clint64 like this.