Feeling the SBAD

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Gillette_Man, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Okay, I got the itch for a new brush, and what I'm thinking is a Rooney 1/2 in Super. How well does this brush work with soaps? I am getting more into face lathering and want a soft, yet dense brush. Am I barking up the right tree, experts?

[​IMG]

2. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Hahh,... If only I could afford one of those. I'm still on my first 35$ vulfix.

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I'm still just thinking about it, but usually when I "think" about buying something, it generally happens. They certainly don't give these away, but I figure it will last quite a long time in a 5 brush rotation, so that helps me to justify the splurging.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Knotty Badger.

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

I think the Rooney brushes are great, well built. I don't have a 1/2 yet....but the Stubby 2 is a great brush and the 1/1 and 3/1 I have are incredible.

Vintage blades stocks these brushes with a shorter loft than Classic Shaving sells.....which I tend to prefer. I would give Jim at Vintage blades a call, he's great and would be happy to discus them at length with you.

Both the 1/1 ( Super and Finest) Stubby 2 and 3/1 I have are great brushes very dense, well built and don't shed hair ;)

6. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Thanks Padron, that's the kind of input I was looking for! :)

I am really fond of my 2/1 Super, and since I don't own a brush with a white or cream colored handle....

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Do you own a brush made out of wood from a 100+ year old barn? ;)

8. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

You stated in a previous thread that you tried to get some vintage handles reequipped.

If you send the handles to me I'll get them reequipped for you. Or buy that knotty badger.

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Okay, you guys are really adding confusion to this! :whacky011

As for those handles, I wished I would have sent them to someone for rebristling, because they disentegrated on me when I was trying to drill out the old knots. :(

10. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I have a Rooney 1/2 and it works great for soaps. I know Mike just got a Finest and says its the Bees Knees. I wouldnt hesitate on getting one if I were you..

11. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I have a 1/3 Silvertip and a 1/1 Finest. Both are outstanding quality. You won't be dissapointed at all.