Feels like the first time...

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Crappy, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Crappy

Crappy Member

After nearly 6 months in Texas I went and picked up a 12 pack of Shiner Hefeweizen. I think there's some sort of law that says you have to drink a Shiner while you're in the Lone Star state. This was my first beer in almost a year. And I have to say, the Shiner is pretty damn good. Think I'll have 11 more! Who wants to drive me to the AA meetings? I'll still take a Chimay Blue over Shiner, but that beer is hard to find!

Attached Files:

2. djwurm

djwurm New Member

Where in Texas do you live? If you are in Dallas or visit Dallas there is a really cool Tavern/Bar called the Old Monk near downtown off 75 that carries a ton of Danish monk style beers, ales, chimays, etc... they also have great french dips!

3. Crappy

Crappy Member

I'm in Lubbock (aka the Middle of Nowhere) until the end of the year.

4. djwurm

djwurm New Member

you ever head this way, ill treat ya to a chimay at old monk

heres the beer list:

http://www.oldmonkdallas.com/drinkmenu.html

Ive had Belgium beers before at the Old Monk:
    Chimay White
    Chimay Red
    Delerium Noctornum
    Derlerium Tremens
    Duvel
    Hoegaarden

5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I've been drinking a lot of UFO and Long Trail unfiltered wheats lately. Michelob shock top isnt too bad either, suprisingly. I had lingenfelters (sp?) wheat and it was pretty damn good. I'm glad microbrews are back on top these days.

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I'm partial to bavarian wheat beer :D Have a crate made at a very small local brewery in my cellar right now :)