Fendrihan all stainless razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ninjack, Apr 28, 2017.

1. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Anyone else know about these all stainless steel razors from Fendrihan? I just found out about them and couldn't believe an all stainless steel razor for $39.95. This is a picture from their website of the Adventurer MKII
    fendrihan-1.jpg
    I have been looking for an all stainless razor at a reasonable price for a few years and the Rockwell 6s is the only one I have been able to find until now. Just can't believe I haven't heard about these before today with all the new "expensive" stainless razors available. I am going to order one this weekend and try it out. They have a few different all stainless models to choose from on their website. I hope they shave as good as they look. I'll post some pictures when I actually get the razor.

RyX likes this.
  2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I have the scientist OC on one side and SB on the other.
    Great razor. Can't go wrong with a Fendrihan ss razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ninjack likes this.
  3. ninjack

Yeah, they have a few models with open comb on one side and closed comb on the other. I may get one of those sometime too. I went ahead and ordered the Adventurer MKII since it is a milder razor (which I like). Was $49.94 with the shipping fee. Great price. Can't believe I haven't heard about these before. At these prices you would think there would be more talk about them. Several of their all stainless models are on sale for $34.95. Can't say no to that!

cliffb599 likes this.
  4. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

We are aware of the razor, once you receive it you will realize why they could keep the price as low as they did. When you get it pay attention to the base plate and the inside of the cap and you will see that its different type of molding than MIM. I bought the 6S at $80 price tag but it has 3 plates and total of 6 different settings, its a complete package. More money does not always equals more in customer experience with the product, but majority of the time it usually is you get what you pay for. Congrats on your purchase and let us know how it works out for you.

RaZorBurn123 and ninjack like this.
  5. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Molding? So it's sintered, rather than machined?

6. ninjack

Thanks, I will post some pictures and let y'all know how it shaves for me when it gets here.

7. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

the Fendrihan is made via sintered molding that's why it has that rough finish, the Rockwell is MIM Metal Injecting Molding which is more expensive but results are night and day in quality. None the less neither the Fendrihan or the Rockwell heads are machined, although their handles are machined.

8. Bookworm

Odd. It's not like machining is that expensive. But, that's how to make sure you have a profit. You need one of those to keep selling.

9. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

actually machining it is sort of expensive then you have to add the hand polishing and naturally price goes up

10. Bookworm

If the equipment is set up right, you don't have to hand polish. Maybe a final touch-up, but the machines can do a REALLY good job.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  11. ninjack

The Fendrihan Adventurer MKII arrived yesterday and I was not disappointed. It looks very nice and shaved pretty well too. I like a milder razor and felt like this one was mild enough for the sensitive areas of my face and neck. The top cap has a beautiful high polish on the outside. Under the cap the finish is rough from the manufacturing process and not highly polished, but that's okay with me, especially for the price. Overall the quality is very good for a $39 all stainless razor. I may buy another one in the near future so I can have a spare head and different handle. Very pleased with my first purchase from "Findrihan". Took only 4 business days to arrive from Canada to Oklahoma, I guess I was luck customs didn't hold onto it for a while before sending it on. Here are some pictures of the razor.
    FENDRIHAN-2.jpg
    FENDRIHAN-3.jpg
    FENDRIHAN-4.jpg

RyX, clint64, jimjo1031 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I thought the head was not stainless steel only the handle.

clint64 likes this.
  13. ninjack

No, the whole razor is stainless steel on this one. The head is made through the sintering process instead of machining a solid piece of stainless. It is a moor cost effective way to produce the razor head. The finish on the razor is smooth and polished on some areas (the top of the cap) and has a textured finish on other areas from the sintering process. The head won't look as refined as a Wolfman or ATT because less machining, but the price is only 1/3 the price of the others. Plus no worries about plating chipping or wearing off and destroying a zamak head.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Amen. So true.