Figaro Monsieur Gold

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Bistro, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Bistro

Bistro Member

Anyone have experience with this soap? How close is it to RR Tuscan Oud?....looks like they have some of the same notes.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. Edwin Jagger Loyalist

Edwin Jagger Loyalist Active Member

I don't know about the scent but I consider it one of the best soaps ounce for ounce. Excellent performance

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

McGrande and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have both soaps you mention, yeah I'd say they are close in scent. Both could be made by TSF? I will say the Figaro aftershave is awesome,

4. Bistro

Bistro Member

What one would you pick between those two?

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Id go with Figaro and add the aftershave to.

6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

TFS soaps in all aspects, despite the name.

I believe Figaro is open about who makes the soaps. RazoRock seems to hide the origins behind "funny" names.

(though "Tuscan Oud" is not too bad)

7. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I have both and would give a nod towards the Figaro----both are very nice products. I don't have any of the after shaves though.

8. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    ...the Razorock veggie based soaps use the same formula as Figaro/Fitness. So there is definitely a connection between ItalianBarber and Nuova Elberel.

"Some of you knowledgeable wet shaving enthusiasts may ask... Is this the same formula used in Figaro and Fitness? IT CERTAINLY IS! We have no reason to hide that fact, but we still want to give you the reason why we chose to market this great “soft soap” under the RazoRock brand. One word... PRICE!"

As of 2015, Tcheon Fung Sing has become the manufacturer of Figaro shaving soap.

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Tuscan Oud is a much stronger scent IMO than the Figaro Gold, both are nice scents but wish the Figaro scent was a bit stronger.

11. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I haven't used Figaro but the Tuscan Oud has a nice scent (IMO) and is a fine performing soap (again, IMO). I'd even buy it again but I have a tub of unopened Stallion and Emperor to use up first. If I make it to 100 years old, I'll only need another puck or two of soap.

Last edited: May 5, 2017