Finally!! 20% Off Kent Brushes!!!!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Michael, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Thanks to the efforts of Vanessa Peters, Kent's Import/Export Service Manager, our friends at G.B. Kent, http://www.kentbrushes.com, have graciously agreed to offer TSD members a 20% discount on their products!!! This discount will be effective on Monday, October 29 (most appropriate as that happens to be the Duke of Kent's birthday! :D). It will remain in effect through the end of the year.

To take advantage of this opportunity, we now have our very own promotion code << shave-den >>. Cool, huh? Just enter it near the bottom left of the page where you put your name, address, etc. as you're going through the checkout process.

As far as I know, this applies to anything on their web site, but I'm not sure of that. Could be just brushes, but I doubt it. Also as far as I know, this is good for UK folks as well as the rest of the world. I know they restricted the last code from UK residents a while back. Hopefully, that's not the case this time around. Vanessa didn't say and I didn't think to ask.

Unfortunately, I still don't know the availability date for the BLK (black sockets) line. Not Vanessa's fault - it's not her decision and she can't get an answer either. Surely by the end of the year (if you're dying to have a black one). Maybe that's on Monday too, for all I know. Personally, I think I'll have a go at the ivory BK2.

Enjoy!!

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:eek:

I am in awe of you Michael!!!!!!. All Hail the Duke of Kent!

:whacky084

Ps - how was the honeymoon ;) :D

swarden43 likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

From what I've heard, that might be most enjoyable. ;)

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Very cool!!

Thanks, Michael! And Vanessa too! ::

5. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Damn! What a deal! Many thanks to you, and of course to the good people at Kent!

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

That's great! Great deal for great products!
    Thanks, Michael Be sure to tell Vanessa how much we appreciate it.

7. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I expect the proof will be in the pudding, hmmm? If we buy, she'll know. I'm buying a BK2 (unless she sends me one for my birthday! ;))

8. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Umm....WOW! I was going to wait until my sister went to London next month, now I may not be able to! GREAT deal, Michael!!!
    [​IMG]

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

BK4 or BK8....that is the question

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sweet,

Thanks Michael and Vanessa :D, a black BK4 would be nice :drool:drool

11. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

My opinion? BK4. I have a BK8, BK4 and BLK4. I use the 4s most of the time.

12. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Yes it would. Just don't know when the BLKs will be available.

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

I hold out as long as I can, but may have to get an Ivory :)

14. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Personally, I prefer the ivory. But, to each his own. Or, for the Princess, HER own. ;)

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

Do you have a BK2?

16. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I told Vanessa that's what I wanted for my birthday! :D If she doesn't come thru, I'm going to buy one. A lesser grade of hair (gray badger, not silvertip), but I want to try one. Hey, it's a Kent!

17. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Michael,

Looking at the dimensions on the brushes on the Kent site, it looks like the loft is fairly close to the same for the BK4 and BK2, with maybe the BK4 just having a larger bloom :confused::confused:

Do you by any chance know the knot sizes for both?

18. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Sorry, no. I posted the size of my BK/BLK 4 a few weeks ago, but have no idea about the BK2. Here's what mine measure...

BK4/8

Overall height: 106/112mm
    Socket height: 50/55mm
    Loft height: 59/60mm
    Knot diameter: 22/27mm

According to the measurements on their website, the BK4 is only 3mm taller but the brush width of the 4 is 12mm wider than the 2. The rest of the dimensions they provide are identical. I would imagine that if the BK4 knot is 22mm, the BK2 is probably 20 or so. That's only a guess though.

19. Padron

Padron Active Member

Many thanks Michael :cool:

20. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    This is truly amazing. I'm gonna have to take advantage of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.