Finally converted someone!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Infotech, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

My wife asked me for a razor and blade last night. :)

She'd just ran out of her lady's mach3 cartridges and her exact words were "I don't want to spend $30 on more cartridges." :D :D She didn't use a brush but a while back I'd gotten her some better cream from Whole Foods that is brushless and works very well for her.

I hooked her up with a 1947 Super Speed and a Gillette Platinum. I was kind of worried about her because the way she shaves with a cartridge is down right scary fast. I gave her the mantra: take it slow, pay attention to angle, and NO PRESSURE! She ended up with a great shave and seemed pretty pleased. I know I was ;)

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Bravooooooooooooooooo

Fuzzy

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I'm jealous.

4. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Congrats!

5. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

My GF wont even give a chance. She uses cheap disposables and soft soap. She did try using some KMF for quite a while though and really love Nancy Boy but too damn expensive to shave legs with.

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Congrats! ;)

7. dragonthief

dragonthief New Member

For every triumph there is a fall: after years of badger brushing, my venerable father has descended to shaving oils...

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ah, now my father-in-law wetshaves like us. I bought him a tube of Nivea lather cream, an Omega Silvertip, and he has a cheap, Chinese-made DE. I gave him some Nacet blades.

9. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Congrats and brava!:happy088

10. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Member

I have tried to convert my wife, but she swears by some canned stuff that is supposed to have some hair reducer stuff like Nair in it.

My brother used to wet shave, but was using some poor soap that dried out his skin so now he just uses the goo.

11. I just told my wife this and she was horrified :-D She uses a Venus and no soap (shaves in the bath) which makes me cringe every night!

12. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Awesome. Tried to convert my girlfriend once. Didn't work.