Fine Accoutrements price hike.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Omaney, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Just got an email/newsletter from Fine that a price increase on their aftershaves is happening August 7.
    If you're on the fence about a purchase, perhaps this'll sway you.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

$15 > $20 is no small price hike. Unfortunate as I really enjoy their products, especially Snake Bite.
    $20 a bottle for simply alcohol, menthol & water is probably enough deterrent to make future purchases.

MR41 and PickledNorthern like this.
  3. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Yep. Just got 2 bottles.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I agree. Probably won't be making future purchases.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

+1. Their ingredient list deterred me at $15 a bottle. I will add my own aloe and glycerine to $6 drugstore stuff if I like the scent, but not gonna add stuff to anything for that price.

DesertTime likes this.
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I like the American Blend, but not for $20.00.

MR41 and Paul6506 like this.
  7. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

It's cheaper than a heroin addiction.

Wait, we're not addicts, we're connoisseurs; yeah, that's what we are...

Hmm... wonder how many bottles I should buy before the price goes up?

I can take the new price and show the wife how much money I saved buying more aftershave!

Keithmax, Gnomeo0228 and mrchick like this.
  8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I'll probably snag two bottles of the SB before the price hike. $30 for 2 vs $20 for 1...

John Beeman likes this.
  9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

No problem, I will just use Stirling Executive Man w/Menthol for my Aventus clone at $13.45.

MR41, RaZorBurn123, Puma and 5 others like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I bet Fine wants to compete with companies like Phoenix Accoutrements amd Wm.(Bill)Neumann for the high price stakes. Fine would still be lower than the other two, but it gets into the "quality vs. quantity" game, as I see it. Saying that, I expect to get a couple PAA's before the ball hits the ground to begin 2018(to keep me in NB18). I've never used Fine's products, but are they really as good or better than Phoenix and Bill?

11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I have not tried anything from Fine... but, I can get 3.4oz of Speick, just about my favorite a/s, from Amazon for $17.18 with prime, and 3.4oz of Speick is about 100ml, which is what Fine is sold as, from what I can tell.

So yes, a stout price increase to a regular user, but for a guy like me, late to the scene; maybe not so much?

TheFiveO and PickledNorthern like this.
  12. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I can totally see your point. Sometimes a guy just pays a few extra bucks because he wants to try something. If you aren't stealing all the Saltines and Clubs out of the red wicker basket at the coffee shop to feed your toddler, what's the harm?

Keithmax likes this.
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    A similar thread is going on at DFS and, as one my expect, there are similar reactions. My take is that only Mr. Fine can know what his costs are and bottom line is. Is it risky to make such a large price increase? Only time will tell.

RaZorBurn123 and mrchick like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Didn't I read somewhere that Fine Platinum is about the same as one of the Stirlings?(maybe EM)?

15. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

They are both Aventus like scents. Stirling is a couple dollars less right now with that difference expected to grow with the expected price hike for Fine aftershaves. You can also get menthol in your Stirling. I'm not sure about Fine.

Paul Turner likes this.
  16. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Such great stuff, Bob. If there was a 10% price hike coming on EM I wouldn't be offended by it, but people are talking about a 33% increase on Fine. That pill is definitely more bitter.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  17. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:signs011:

Paul6506 likes this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I lean towards the other end of a $5 increase, if I enjoy something an increase of $5 won't deter me from buying more when needed.
    I've wasted many $5 bills on stuff I don't use or have given away.
    Comfort over frugal.

19. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. I picked up a bottle of L'Orange and a bottle of Platinum off eBay last night for $15.56 each plus free ship. Put an offer in on a bottle of Italian Citrus also. These should last me for quite a while.

SharptoothC and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  20. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

FYI-There has been no increase on Stirling Executive Man. The cost I posted included the $0.50 for adding Menthol.