Fine aftershaves

Discussion in 'Scents' started by DentonMajik, Feb 17, 2015.

1. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

I'm intrigued by this line of aftershaves. Could someone tell me if the Fine American blend smells like Stirling ' s barbershop?

2. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

No idea. I highly recommend their sampler. It's inexpensive and the product is the shizna.

Daytonkb likes this.
  3. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

where can we get samples ?

4. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

5. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

American blend is a barber shop in a bottle. You will not be disappointed

6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

fineaccoutrements.com

icemanwbs likes this.
  7. Greg F.

Greg F. Well-Known Member

I don't really think they smell similar but I love both. American Blend has been my go-to lately.

Boojum1 likes this.
  8. drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

I use the Stirling Barbershop bath soap and follow it up with the Fine American Blend. Similar, but not the same. They compliment each other very well for me though.

I got my initial sampler from Maggards, great customer service and awesome people. Just got in my full sized bottle of the American Blend this past weekend from them.

Boojum1 likes this.
  9. icemanwbs

Seems their website is down. Hmmm.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. drjenkins

They're having some kind of issues with their fulfillment company. Has to do with shipping products with alcohol in them from what I understand.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

But....................it sure seems to be taking a long time to resolve shipping? The site has been done for a while. One or two phone calls should have done it.

12. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'm all about using Maggards. I'm a satisfied customer of theirs. Just know that their samples are portioned in house in those itty bitty 7ml atomizer bottles. They're significantly smaller than the sampler Fine sells for about the same $$, except Maggards probably has theirs available.

The Fine sight being down made me pull the trigger on some Platinum and Fresh Vetiver off of Amazon.

dscaver likes this.
  13. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

ote="Greg F., post: 791513, member: 13039"]I don't really think they smell similar but I love both. American Blend has been my go-to lately.[/quote]
    Ive mentioned it on here somewhere before, but if someone could combine the scents of; Pinaud Clubman, Brut, and a strong Brylcream scent into a soap and a aftershave that would be great!

14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Country Club is another alternative. I really like their offerings.

Hersh and Bobcat like this.
  15. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I now have four of the Country Club's. I used Southern Oud and also tried their new soap today.
    I still like Fine Platinum a LOT too.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'm sporting L'Orange Noir this fine day. To date, it's the only product in which someone has inquired. And it was a dude asking! "Hey man, what's that you're wearing. It smells good."

17. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

Neither I or my wife liked the american blend sample I got.
    But maggard/tff london barbershop has become my favorite smell

drjenkins likes this.
  18. drjenkins

I too am wearing the L'Orange today. It's definitely a favorite of mine.

Their Barbershop is pretty awesome, I'm loving the Limes and Bergamot as well.

Oasisdave likes this.
  19. icemanwbs

I'm sorry, what is "tff London " ?

20. TheMonk

TheMonk Well-Known Member

American Barbershop is inspired by YSL' Rive Gauche EdT. All of his scents are based on well known fragrances.

icemanwbs likes this.