Fine aftershaves

Discussion in 'Scents' started by DentonMajik, Feb 17, 2015.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The L'Orange Noir is also one of my favorites—AND it is the ONLY aftershave that gets commented on regularly and positively by co-workers. These were all females, however….. no comments from the dudes. ;)

icemanwbs likes this.
  2. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

and this is found at maggards ?

3. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

Maggard razors london barbershop soap. It is made by through the fire artisan soap

icemanwbs likes this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I like the Fine L'Orange Noir. I got a sample of it. its a generous size for a sample bottle. it has a citrus with a slight spice smell. I think it smells great

5. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Agreed!

6. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

American Blend is the only Fine A/S I have and it has a great barbershop scent. If you like barbershop scents, you'll like American Blend

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Hello friends. It's been too long since I posted here. When I saw this topic I figured what a great point to jump back in. I have only tried the Fine Fresh Vetiver scent. I am getting back into shaving hard core and am exploring a bunch of different scents to find what I, and more importantly, my wife, like. I am trying to mostly find scents from small business and artisan vendors. To tell you the truth I had no idea what "vetiver" scent was when I order the product but have been very happy with it. It's a clean "piney" "grassy" crisp scent that would be perfect for everyday or work wear. It's not deep like a musk or tobacco scent, but I like it. Looking forward to trying the American scent.

8. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

the website for Fine is down at this time. you can order a sampler pack from Maggard's if they still have some left. the only one they had left in the full bottle is the American Blend. I have a sample of the L'Orange Noir and it smells awesome. it is a spicy orange cologne scent. I would recommend the Fine products. they last longer than the F&G. thou the F&G Black Powder has a great scent but it doesn't last as long

9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

The Fine site is up and running..............

My favorite is still Platinum. About time to order another bottle........

10. drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

Picked up full bottles of American Blend, Platinum, and L'Orange Noir, since all of them got the stamp of approval from SWMBO.

11. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Those are the top 3 in my opinion...

12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I need to order more of The Black Orange
    That & the Platinum are my and my wife's personal favs.

drjenkins likes this.
  13. jmr986

jmr986 New Member

I got a sampler from Maggards and got American Blend and Fresh Vetiver. Really like them both and will purchase full bottles. Vetiver is my favorite of the 2 ... so far.

14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I made the mistake of putting Snake Bite on my freshly shaved head. :angry019: Let's just say its something I won't be doing again. :angry032:

15. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

That's funny cuz it wasn't me.

:Animatedfrozensmily:

16. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

I use both Stirling Barbershop and Fine American Blend. It is safe to say that both have distinct barbershop scents while at the same time not smelling at all alike. They complement each other nicely but you will notice a large difference if you open the two next to each other.

I am yet to use Snake Bite but I plan to order some for those cold-shower-after-mowing-in- 105 degree-days that we get to enjoy during July and August.

Greg F. likes this.
  17. Miles853

Miles853 Member

We can now get Fine Aftershaves in the UK which is a big bonus.
    Tried Fine American Blend and L'Orange Noir. Both great
    Thought the orange would be similar to Florida water but it is different. I find it more fresh and not as spiced as the FW. Both great in their own way
    My next purchase will probably be Platinum and Clean Vetiver

Bobcat likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's the one I'd choose from Fine.

19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Fine Snake Bite has become, as one can see in many of my SOTD photos, a regular part of my daily shaves…
    SafariScreenSnapz457.jpg

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's what I'd choose then-and perhaps the Platinum, too.