Fine Aftershaves

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Harold CY, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Harold CY

Harold CY Member

I couldn't decide what fragrance of Fine products to choose from so I took some TSD members advice and purchased the sampler pack. WOW!! All of them are amazing. I will have to say that the L'orange Noir is intoxicating. This will be my first full bottle selection. That is....unless I change my mind on the others.

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

:happy096: I use and enjoy both the L'Orange Noir and the Platinum. :happy088:

Douglas Carey likes this.
  3. m54daboll

m54daboll Well-Known Member

I have the American Blend and it is a scent I could wear every day for the rest of my life! I also put the Platinum on my Christmas list this year. Is the L'orange Noire super sweet or is it balanced? I was going to order that one next, but didn't want it to be super sweet.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'll be looking into the two you like soon.

m54daboll likes this.
  5. m54daboll

I'll hopefully be getting the Platinum in a few days ;) I've heard it is fantastic though. You will not be disappointed my friend. They feel great and the scent lasts much longer than Captain's Choice. Don't only judge the American Blend out of the bottle--smells very strong. Once you put it on it opens up and gets even better!

6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

L'Orange Noir is my personal favorite with American Blend a close second. I've tried them all and like them a lot. I'm husbanding the little amount of Italian Citrus I have remaining.

Douglas Carey and m54daboll like this.
  7. Harold CY

Harold CY Member

8. Harold CY

Harold CY Member

I have found it to be much more balanced than sweet. For me there is a nice leather scent in there as well which compliments the orange. I'm sure someone can more elequently describe the scent. All I know is that it has instantly moved to the #1 spot. Plus the wife loves it too. That's a +

9. m54daboll

Haha perfect. Will definitely need to try it!

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I recently bought the Snake Bite from Italian Barber and it's a menthol atom bomb!

Paul Turner likes this.
  11. m54daboll

Since you have tried all of them--can you try and explain the difference between Fresh Vetiver and Clean Vetiver?

12. m54daboll

Forgot about that one. I was going to order that with some Green Proraso to numb my face

13. Paul Turner

I'm sure it's great, it's the NAME that bothers me!

crackstar likes this.
  14. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

L'Orange Noir is one of my favorite Fine aftershaves. The Clean Vetiver, and American Blend are a close second.

crackstar and m54daboll like this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I love Fine aftershave's, I have all of the little bottles I got from Maggard's and I have all the full size with the exception of Fresh Vetiver. Excellent stuff.

16. Paul Turner

Ah I see....Clean Vetiver and American Blend in a photo for Place.

crackstar likes this.
  17. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Nope. To my nose they're too similar to differentiate. I have a bottle of one of them I think it's the green labeled. I rarely use it. To me, a little vetiver goes a long way.

crackstar likes this.
  18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I use three regularly.

• Platinum
    • L'Orange Noir
    • Snake Bite

the last being my favorite (no scent) but killer chill post-shave; both Platinum & L'orange Noir are nice fragrances that do not overpower (they are aftershaves, not colognes).
    My wife enjoys the fragrance of both so they are in the 'rotation.'
    She's not a real fan of the 'barber shop' scents (vetivers, american blend, etc) so those don't get used.

Douglas Carey and crackstar like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have both the L'Orange Noir and the Platinum. Both are great aftershaves. In fact, I asked for back up bottles of both for Christmas.

Douglas Carey and crackstar like this.
  20. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

The two I settled on are Platinum and American Blend. Platinum is a perfect match with Stirling's Executive Man shave soap.

Douglas Carey, crackstar and clint64 like this.