Fine's New Marvel Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Carson West, May 6, 2019.

1. Carson West

Carson West Well-Known Member

Guys, I'm excited about Fine's new offering. I've used it a few times now, and of my nine razors it gives me the closest shaves yet, and with less irritation. The fit and finish are perfect. And it costs just $40. I'm in trouble now, as it's the only razor in my toy-box I want to play with.

The best review I've seen on the Marvel was written by Mantic 59 on Sharpologist, and I agree with his thoughts on it. When you first set eyes on the razor, you fear losing a chunk of flesh. The blade-gap looks wide and dangerous. But Fine compensates for that with a large safety bar. The razor bridges the blade between that bar and the cap, making it easy to find the correct angle and keeping the blade in a safe position. You get a lot of blade-feel, which can be a little daunting at first, but I haven't suffered any nicks yet (knock knock). I think the reason you get so little irritation despite getting such a close shave is that fewer strokes of the razor are needed to get there.

If you buy one, give yourself some time to get the hang of it.

2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Fit was a little rough in early production but what I saw at Big Shave Southwest looked tight. It is a very good shaver .

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

johnnyflake and RyX like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

johnnyflake likes this.
  4. Carson West

Carson West Well-Known Member