First Double Safety Razor Shave Kit Complete....Pictures.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Tim Spencer, May 28, 2016.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

You're just like me. I only knew vaguely remember aftershaves and a gift I got as a kid of various English Leather colognes in small bottles, as well as Old Spice. I complete forgot about them for years but still remember what they smelled like. I just never 'cared' about 'smell', just as long as I didn't smell 'bad'.

Now, I've gotten a sudden interest in smelling 'good'. I still like Old Spice because it smells like 'home' to me. I have gone to the perfume stores and picked out some colognes that I liked. I also have samples of other colognes that I haven't even tried yet, but will, once I get all my favorite fragrances their own shave themes. Then I will simply hybrid various shave soaps and other products with the them. Create multipurpose deodorants that can be used across colognes that won't disturb but either blend or be neutral.

This is all pretty new but I have some ideas and get new ideas all the time as I find new products.

EDIT: After thinking, I guess I did have a small run of Axe sprays for a few years, but never really thought of them as a 'cologne'. Though I'd say they are to some extent. I suddenly just 'trailed off' of using them. I am going to eventually use them again at some point.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Keithmax likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Visiting the Renaissance Fair near Atlanta introduced me to body oils. I'm assuming they were a carrier oil with a dash of essential oil added. Since then I've found I'm partial to patchouli. Lime is good too. I've picked up several small bottles of those two. Experimented adding them to witch hazel, acceptable results. Depending on the source of the oil some scents can be both prohibitively expensive, & dangerous in such high concentrations.

Keithmax and Tim Spencer like this.
  3. Tim Spencer

I have posted a new update to my Black Shave Kit. I have added a new fragrance. Dolce & Gabbana's "The One".

4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

These are quite elaborate. I def dont go to these lengths...of course, i like to mix it up some too.

I am thinking if doing a "budget" kit though, with arko, aqua velva, shave secret, and a long feng de razor. I guess i could use the omega brush with it

Tim Spencer, RyX and Keithmax like this.
  5. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:signs021:

6. Tim Spencer

Awesome! It would be cool to see someone else's kit!

RyX likes this.
  7. Tim Spencer

I updated my original post to include the shave soap from NileNaturals and where it can be made if requested. She makes some decent shave soaps. I randomly found this one because no one else is making the D&G "The One" scented soap. I'm not sure if this was fully intended to be a shave soap, but it's doing a great job for my shave regardless and the puck perfectly fits my shave bowl.

8. Tim Spencer

I updated pictures to show the improved vinyl labels I found and printed. MUCH improved look AND they will stand up to the ravages of water and soap over time.

9. Tim Spencer

This shave kit listing has been completely updated with new pictures of each setup with a new shave stand and a brand new addition to this Black Shave Kit is the NEW "TSD" Unscented Setup!

[​IMG]

Products for the newest edition to the Black Shave Kit:
    Aftershave - The Shave Den "Sensitive" (Unscented) Witch Hazel
    Shave Soap - The Shave Den "Sensitive" (Unscented)
    Deodorant - Herban Cowboy "Unscented"
    Shave Brush - Scaramouche+Fandango "Ultra-Soft" Synthetic

10. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Is the Herban Cowboy deodorant any good? I understand the shaving soap is... Possibly okay for washing your feet.

11. Tim Spencer

It's an unscented deodorant and decent. I mainly selected it because its colors fit the theme perfectly. The shave soap was recommended and I haven't shaved with it yet. I have tried the witch hazel as an aftershave and it's really good. Super cooling with an astringent before my post-shave face serum.

12. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll look. I'm always on the lookout for reasonably priced unscented antiperspirant and deodorant.

13. GrantA

GrantA Active Member

I'll second the black razor recommendation! I'm not sure I want to deal with removing the chrome to coat but if you have an old one laying around to try I'd be happy to put some flat black KG GunKote on it for you, just cover postage. I think it'd look great leaving the top of the razor chrome like the brush handle.
    Now how about those synthetic brushes? I read that you've had them at least a year but do you love them? Are they so-so?

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Very nice pics!

Tim Spencer likes this.
  15. Tim Spencer

Yeah, the new shave stand fits all my brushes. It's a fantastic "universal" stand. I retired the previous "Perfecto" stand that didn't fit my newest brushes.

crackstar likes this.
  16. Tim Spencer

Okay, I completed a new addition to this shave kit. Creed Aventus is now a part of the collection!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017