First Ebay purchase

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hanspleasure, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

Okay, so I saw a thread somewhere about your very first DE razor, how bout your very first razor from the bay? Here's mine.

Attached Files:

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Interesting pattern on the handle - nice find!

3. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I think my first eBay "win" may have been a Toggle?

4. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Mine was either a nasty flare tip SS or an aluminum tech.

5. riffin

riffin Active Member

Mine was a fairly cheap Fatboy, followed by a slim. My Vision broke and I didn't want to be w/o out a razor for as long as it took to return and replace the Vision. Little did I know just what I was getting myself into...

6. omegapd

omegapd New Member

years ago, when I got into wet shaving the first time (before sporting a beard for the last 8-10 years) I bought a handful of old Gillettes from one seller. There were 3 or 4 slims and one SS.

7. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Mine was a '49ish SS. No date code on the razor, but it came with the red plastic case of that era. It was a case where the razor was flat instead of tilted towards the user, and there were bars molded in the blade compartment to hold boxes of individually wrapped blades.

8. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I think my first razor related ebay win was a pair of Fatboys. I no longer have either of them. :( I do still have my first DE razor though. A Gillette thin bar handled NEW with no plating intact.

9. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

My first ebay razor was a lot of about 15 razors. I cannot remember what all was in it though. That was back when I was still drinking.......................

10. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

My first (and only) eBay razor purchase was a British ball end New. I only bought it because I wanted to compare it to the American version and had not been lucky enough to have rescued one. After the test drive I sold it at cost to another member looking for one.

11. UncleStu

UncleStu Member

Mine was a bright, shiny, beautiful looks-like-new, *Crooked* whompy-jawed Gillette Aristocrat!:mad: If there are any Gillette TTO mechanics here, maybe they can give me some advice on how to fix it.

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

My first was ummmmmm a fatboy and 2 SS.. I sold the fatboy fast... one SS went to my roomie..the other jsut got shipped off to a Young man for his first Razor.

13. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

What is this eBay you speak of? :confused:

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I wonder if L.O. Lee was the first owner of that beauty of a shaver?

15. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Probably the second.
    O. Lee was the first and L.O. just had an initial added!:happy102

16. ricky565

ricky565 New Member

injector blades

i just bought 300 Schick Platinum Injector Blades for 200. off ebay :)