First Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 shave

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by sidpost, Jan 31, 2023.

1. sidpost

sidpost Active Member

https://www.edwinjagger.co.uk/en_us/edwin-jagger-3one6-stainless-steel-knurled-de-safety-razor.html
    [​IMG]

Really nice razor overall for me. I will probably look for a slightly thicker handle but, as it is shaves really well.

My first shave seemed rather mild overall. With the cold Texas weather, the shaving gel and water were pretty cold so, not the best shave conditions. With 2-days whisker growth and a Personna blade, the first pass was really good but left enough stubble for a second pass. With the second pass, it was a DFS but not BBS. After washing and drying my face, I can't feel or see any stubble, especially in my trouble spots under my nose and at the corners of my mouth.

With better shave cream and a warmer bathroom shower area, I have high expectations that this razor will get me to one-pass DFS+ shaves.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    wristwatchb and Enrico like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

???
    You have no hot water???
    And if you can't feel any stubble, isn't that the definition of BBS???

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Please pardon my ignorance , but other than it's stainless steel is it the same blade exposure as a DE89?

:signs002:

4. sidpost

sidpost Active Member

It is an electric hot water heater in an old farmhouse so, the water in the lines is nearly freezing and by the time it reaches the other end of the house, the small tank is nearly empty on days like this at 30F. The wellhead is 62F so, eventually, it will catch up to something reasonable but I generally won't wait for an hour or so to flush the tanks and lines enough to get fresh well water to the faucet.

I really need to get a tankless water heater for that part of the farmhouse since the water heater is so far away.

Still better though than showering in a Belgian monetary over Christmas!

Thankfully, Texas doesn't see much weather like this where I live. Two days ago I was wearing a t-shirt working in the pasture by the pond.

wristwatchb and Enrico like this.
  5. sidpost

sidpost Active Member

I don't have the tools to measure it but, it feels a bit more aggressive to me. With a single pass, there was a real difference. On the second pass, not so much but, with the EJ89 I often need a third pass in my trouble spots to get a clean shave.

Enrico likes this.
  6. sidpost

sidpost Active Member

My face is a bit chapped and dry from the weather so, not BBS to me but certainly 'clean'.

Enrico likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Gotcha.