first post - Speick!

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by desafetyrazor, Jun 25, 2019.

1. desafetyrazor

desafetyrazor New Member

been wet shaving for about three years now and will never go back to the irritation of the convenient electric razor.

I've tried lots of hardware and software. I revisited Speick shave cream and was reminded just how great it is. Every aspect of its performance is superb. The post shave feel is probably better than any I've tried. It does leave a bit of thin residue on the razor, but nothing like I find Proraso does. The lather takes a bit to dial in and it seems to need a little more work than Taylor of Old Bond Street or Proraso, but since I face lather, this doesn't bother me. It is incredibly slick though. Somehow I don't seem to get irritation or cuts with this cream. The scent is strange but I like it - kind of a medicinal-European-herbal vibe. I asked my child what she thought of the scent in the tube. She said, "Ewwww" as the tube was under her nose, then".... wait, that's actually pretty good!" after I pulled it away. The scent lasts about 1/2 of the day for me.

Here is my setup:
    Whipped Dog synthetic brushes
    Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street cream
    Speick cream
    Merkur 37C slant razor (I love this tool! I sold my 34C after using it.)
    Personna "lab" blue blades
    Bloc de Osma alum block
    Stainless shave bowl I use to load the brush with water and dip to add more as I'm building lather
    my custom aftershave consisting of Dickinson's Witch Hazel with essential oils from Plant Therapy of lavender, lime and peppermint

I'm gonna try the Speick aftershave soon. It has sage and menthol in it which I tend to really like so I'm looking forward to it.

BamaT, Ursa, Yehuda D and 7 others like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Speick is very popular in Germany. It’s a drugstore brand, but that doesn’t mean cheap. Glad you are enjoying your shaves.

Ursa, Yehuda D, RyX and 2 others like this.
  3. sjdude

sjdude New Member

If you enjoy the shave cream you will like the aftershave. It is one of my favorites. Great stuff, both the cream and the aftershave.

ChiefShaver and brit like this.
  4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

5. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Great post!
    I'm a fan of slants too, they rock my shaves. Haven't tried speick yet, lotsa things I haven't tried but it sounds great.
    An old tooth brush and some dish soap will clean the film right off that razor.
    Thanks for posting.
    tp

6. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Glad you like the Cream. Try the Aftershave Lotion too if you have the chance to. Smells great and the skincare is top notch.

I've tried their Shave Soap as a Stick last week. Some say, that the soap is producing a thicker and more creamy lather.

Not had that feeling myself, but i've only tried it once.

Greetings from Germany ;)

Yehuda D and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

i have the active soap and aftershave..fantastic stuff..

8. ChiefShaver

I know the active soap by name, but i never bought it yet. The scent should be very different to the "Original".

9. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

Speck is a great cream. I love their shave sticks and aftershave as well.

brit and ChiefShaver like this.
  10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I enjoy Speick quite a bit. I have a tube of the cream and a bottle of aftershave. Had the soap stick at one point but PIFed it away. Didn't feel like it was as quality as the cream.

11. ChiefShaver

Oh, what made you say that you did not feel that the quality of the soap is not as good as the cream?

Big differences in the lather and the scent?

PLAla and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

i don't have original soap and cream but do have aftershave..the original aftershave has more lavender scent to it..imo

13. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Speick is terrific.

brit likes this.