First SE shave

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by bailman, May 13, 2020.

1. bailman

bailman New Member

My Occam’s razor and some Feather Pro Guard blades arrived today. I have taken a break the past couple days from shaving. I popped in a blade and took a shower. I must say I am very happy with the performance of the razor and blade. I did a 2 pass shave, WTG and ATG. My skin is sensitive and doesn’t handle XTG well. No nicks, weepers or irritation. This was especially surprising since Feather DE blades do not agree with mi face/skin. I have more blades on the way from tryablade. I am really looking to blade options and my other 2 razors so I can do some comparisons. My passion for shaving has been reignited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Sweet. Congratulations.:happy088:

3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

4. LaneP

LaneP Well-Known Member

Great to hear. SE can become addictive. I've always had SE razors around for years but never took them seriously until one day recently I paired a Gem PTFE blade with a Valet Autostrop, I believe it has become the best shaving tool I've ever used. The AC style razors are excellent and more offerings seem to be appearing with time. The best part is that vintage SE razors are common and very inexpensive if you happen to end up going down that rabbit hole. Best wishes.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :eatdrink047:

6. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I’ll confess that my favorite safety razors are SEs. The two best shaving razors in my den are my Shake Sharp (Model 1.5) and my Colonial General V2.

7. bailman

bailman New Member

Hoping my General v2 gets delivered tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk