First shave done, many more to come

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by TSimons, Sep 24, 2013.

1. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

Well I had my first traditional wet shave this morning! It wasn't a perfect shave, but no nicks or irritation either! :)

Shave prep consisted of a shower, and no post shave care yet either, but that will come.

It took me a bit to get a good lather (not enough cream), and I'm not 100% sold on the sent but I"m glad I did decide to pick up a brush! That is an interesting feeling on the face.

I went with a Derby blade and 2 passes for my first shave. I have a trouble spot with my Adams apple and jaw line, but otherwise a good shave.:happy088:

Queen of Blades and Chuck Yager like this.
  2. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Congrats! IMO it's better to go for irritation free shaves at first. As your technique comes along, you'll figure out how to get those trouble spots.

3. TSimons

I probably could have done a third pass with out too much issue, but I can live with missed spots for now if it means no razor burn, or a DIY skin graph.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice! And they only get better!!

5. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Congrats and welcome to TSD!

6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Congrats on your first big milestone!! Well done.........

7. TSimons

Today was shave number two. I started out with more cream on the brush so got a decent fade lather right away. No complaints with the first pass, had some issues with the second pass...

Seems I forgot to re-lather between passes... Only took a few strokes to relies what u was doing. After the second coat of later and second pass, I was looking and feeling pretty good!

Still no nicks or cuts, but a bit of irritation. Seems to be fading already though.

8. TSimons

Third shave in today. Went three passes and some buffing with minimal irritation and slight razor burn. Irritation was not as bad as yesterday.

This was the first save with one day of growth. My face is nice and smooth WTG, but it doesn't last. I'm going to put a fresh blade in for the next shave and see if that helps.