First shave: So whaddid I do wrong?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Robstreperous, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Robstreperous

Robstreperous Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.

The deal with the preshave is bought the Ogallala bay/sandalwood as an aftershave but ended up not caring for the scent so much. They say it acts as a preshave - I hate to waste stuff - so I figured what the heck could it hurt.

I'm going to need to go back and try a coldwater shave. My first attempt about a week or so didn't go very well.

Since I started this thread I moved over to the August 30 day thread and I'm happy to report I'm doing very much better.

You guys were dead on with the skin stretching. The other things that have made a big difference for me are:

- Relentless attention to never shaving over an unlathered area.
    - I have a much better idea now of which way my beard grows around my lower neck - different directions in different areas.
    - Blade angle, blade angle, blade angle. I was riding the guard and suffered for it.

So today I finished either my 3rd or 4th irritation free shave in a row and third in three days. I know I have a long way to go but my confidence is up and I really feel I'm making progress.

I've gotta' tell you. Without the advice from you guys on this board I probably would have given up by now.

2. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

May the force be with you........:cool:

tp

Bama Samurai likes this.