First shave with a slant

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by skvinson, Feb 20, 2011.

1. mchad21

mchad21 Member

I didn't have any trouble whatsoever going to the slant. Actually, it was easier than going from cartridge to DE shaving. I think it helps that the Merkur slant (not the sledgehammer) is so small that you have no choice but to be careful.

The tug was decreased with the personna, but was totally gone with the feather. I usually go 2xwtf then 1-n/s, but today I just left it at 3wtg. If wasn't bbs, but I didn't want to push it the first time out with the feather.

Tomorrow I'll go with the third pass, though. Using Akka Kappa 1869 it was a brilliant shave. I'll try TOBS avocado tomorrow.

2. brucered

brucered New Member

i'd love to try a slant. sensitive skin, but from what i hear, it works well with it.

i'm looking at the Merkur 37c, shorter handle. or a vintage one.

3. jkingrph

jkingrph Member

I'm a relative newbie to DE shaving. The first thing i discovered was that I preferred a longer handle. I tried a variety of razors and find I like the slant, I had picked up a Mekkur, short handle, but just this week ordered one of the 39c sledgehammer models.

My first experience with the slant was using a Feather blade and I had no problems.

4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Used mine this morning at 5:20 and I can just now feel stubble. Slant with an Astra.

Almost a reason to never need to buy/use a different razor.