First shave with feather SS kamisori

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Leclec13, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

with pro blade.
    This thing is Uber Sharp, and unforgiving, and lives up to the feather reputation! I took extra care after reading how unforgiving these can be still ended up with a few tiny weepers, which I did not feel. It provided very very close shave, BBS easily!
    I am impressed!!!
    I was curious about feather super pro blades with an extra .2 mm exposure. I am curious no more. the feather pro blades are more than enough!
    I have read where blade gets more comfortable with use. I’m hoping this true nonetheless next shave i’ll Be even more cautious.
    it will be fun learning this new razor

Pre:
    Noxema wash, conk pre shave oil

Shave :
    Tabac
    Feather SS
    Feather pro blade

Special reserve
    Nivea Balm

I first looked at these about this time last year.... they were all about. $100, and passed. Now I’m finding them new for about $60. Did prices come down or was my google-fu off?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    PLANofMAN, Edison Carter and kjbarth like this.
  2. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

I have one inbound and it will be my first non-DE or SE. I have a bevy of AC blades of all types so I am looking forward to trying them out but might just go with a Schick ProLine AC blade at first.

Leclec13 and Edison Carter like this.
  3. Manumik

Manumik Well-Known Member

I also like to use the Feather SS but the folding version. I never tried a Kamisori. Do you prefer them over the folding razors?

Leclec13 likes this.
  4. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

591DD02E-DB76-4859-954E-34A78BEF33E4.jpeg
    Well I just received mine in today and am still to give it a go. I have never tried either and this one looked appealing to me.

Leclec13 and brit like this.