First shave with Gem MM Clog Pruf

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shamrock, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

Received my Gem Personnal SE Blades in the mail a couple days ago, and used my 1st SE razor today. I think I've been converted to single edge razors; amazing BBS shave, and no irritation at all afterwards... It mowed down my 2 day growth like nothing I've used before. Feels like my first step towards a str8 edge.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I'm so happy for you! I just joined the brotherhood of the single edge in DEC. All it took was 3 shaves with the Ever Ready 1924 and haven't looked back. Since then ive fallen victim to RAD...

Bird Lives, RaZorBurn123 and Shamrock like this.
  3. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Another has found his way to the sharp side...:happy108:

Shamrock and Bird Lives like this.
  4. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

LOL, indeed I have

5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I loved every minute spent learning to drive a Str8....But I really don't think of a GEM Micromatic as a step towards the Str8.....The Open Comb & Clog-pruf I honestly believe are the Str8's equal...I don't see the Str8 having any superiority over any of the great SE razors prior to WWII....except they are infinitely easier to use....Thats what knocks me out so much with these razors...I get the same fulfilling feeling I get when I use a Str8, and the same close and smooth finish....but it does seem almost effortless...and thats a plus...:)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    Cool Breeze, Shamrock and fram773 like this.
  6. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Have to agree 100% with bird lives,
    As much as I love my vintage and new de's (especially my 69 super adj) there is nothing sweeter than any of the vintage se offerings, including a str8. Imagine the feel of the blade against your skin, a real functioning piece of art in your hand, and the moving parts that still move like a swiss watch 100 years later.
    No honing, stropping, oiling. Just pure pleasure.

Str8 and vintage se, same sweet shave, you can slice yourself with either. One takes constant upkeep and care, the other you rinse off.

fram773 and Shamrock like this.