First Shave With New Razo Rock Game Changer

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bill G, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

Well after waiting several months to get this razor all I can say is I am not desappointed at all. The fit and finish is super. The blade fit is tight straight and precise. The Razo Rock Game Changer razor .68 gap gave a smooth super close shave and it just glided accross my face. It was very easy to find the blade angle with this razor. I also love the handle choice I made. The razor worked great with a Perma Sharp Super blade.

The razor is not quite as aggressive/efficient as my Timeless S/S .95 gap but it is more aggressive/efficient than a Muker 34c for example and is a much smoother and a closer shaving razor.

I would say it's just about darn near perfect in my opinion for a daily driver or for two days growth just like I shaved off tonight. I would say it's more efficient than my Timeless.38 Bronze razor and it also felt like it was a smoother shaver than the Bronze razor. The Timeless Bronze is really a pretty mild razor that works well. So in all fairness the Game Changer should be a bit more aggressive/efficient.

My top Razors as of now are my S/S Timeless .95 gap and now this little gem the S/S Razo Rock Game Changer falls right in there. As said this razor is just about darn near perfect for my face in aggressiveness/efficiency and over all weight for a daily shaver or for several days growth.

I don't understand how Joe at Italian Barber can produce these at such a reasonable cost considering the cost of my Timeless S/S razor being four times the cost of the Game Changer.

Great Job and kudos to Italian Barber and Joe for bringing this razor to market.

Happy and smooth Shaves to all,
    Bill G

IMG_3005.JPG

brit, DesertTime, Zed117 and 4 others like this.
  2. bigwaverazor

bigwaverazor Well-Known Member

Here's the deal... My first shave impression.
    • Game Changer .84-P with Super Knurl 91mm
    • Derby Premium
    • MWF
    Head shave ONLY

Tons of hype on this razor!!!! Undoubtedly the best (ENJOYABLE) and efficient head shave I've ever had. Could hardly feel the blade with complete BBS results. I'd say it's a KARVE plate-C in feel and a KARVE plate-D in efficiency. Remarkable!!!!!
    Now I need to face shave with it tomorrow; I can't wait.

The finish, craftsmanship isn't bad. It is, however, its only weakness I can find. When comparing to high end stuff, don't expect a Wolfman WR1 or an Above The Tie (ATT) stainless steel finish. The Game Changer will show minor machining marks and dull polishing. Remember, it's a $54 razor, a nice one at that! Even my Weber PH has a better polish. They use some sort of a tumbling method to create a decent finish. The geometrical cuts and fitting of the three piece razor is top-notch, blade alignment right on. Putting the blade onto the base plate might seem backwards at first. So far this razor performs! It's nice looking on a shelf but it'll hardly be there! It'll shave its way to the top of your razors. More later...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    brit likes this.
  3. bigwaverazor

bigwaverazor Well-Known Member

First Face Shave

RazoRock Game Changer .84 Super Knurl
    Derby Premium
    RazoRock F-400 synthetic
    MWF

Results: Smooth, FANTASTIC BBS!!!! But watch out :)

My first report was after a head shave, as posted above. After a true face shave of a 2 day beard, I see the GC .84 as a more aggressive razor than I experienced on my head. I like medium to moderately, high aggressive razors. Upon this shave, I'd rank the GC .84 around a KARVE plate-F, ATT H1, or Timeless 0.95 open comb, scalloped cap. It was very smooth, though! I got a few weepers along my usual areas of the neck when going ATG, sideways across the neck. Most razors will do that to me, not unusual. I got (1) true nick in the chin area. For my face, I'd place the GC .84 like a KARVE plate-E in smoothness and a plate-F in efficiency and/or aggressiveness, blade feel. I'm going to like it. I'm also going to respect it. I know my razors well. I got a phenomenal shave! This one will be a keeper.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    brit likes this.