First Stirling Order

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by dustmite, Aug 4, 2016.

1. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

I just used my sample of PIACENZA and I must say that I really like it. Once I added a little bloom water to the puck the scent really took off. I wouldn't say it filled the bathroom with scent but I could def. tell it was there. The more I smelled it the better it gotZ. I def picked up citrus but salsa anthoher scent in the background I could not quite put my finger on. I already can't wait to try it again. Perfermonce was as expected. Great lather slick and cushiony. If I really like a soap I will buy the aftershave to go with it... needles to say that I will be buying the aftershave to go with it..

CliffDweller likes this.
  2. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Banks, that's cool to hear that you liked the Piacenza. Yeah I agree with you that there is "some" other scent in there besides citrus but it's sort of hard to place or describe. Glad you enjoyed it.

3. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

I have used my wife's kitchen scale for the last 3 days (and endured rolled eyes each morning) with my Executive Man tub to test out my usage. My average has been about 0.75 grams, so that would imply that one 5.8oz (164g) tub would yield around 220 shaves. And that in turn would suggest that my 8 tubs of Stirling alone will give me almost 5 years of shaving!

I will next measure some of my other soaps like Razorock and Cella to see my per-shave usage of these more croap-y soaps is similar or different.

4. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

I going to place an order for some jars from speciclty bottle. is there any reasons you chose this one with the white cap over the others. I was also thinking about getting the 4 oz instead. I have a sample from stirling i got in a trade and i think its in the 4 oz tin. I like not having so much extra space in the jar. I also think that most pucks and samples would fit better in the 4 oz. Would you buy the 8 oz again??? Also any advantages of the plastic over metal tins??? i think they are about the same price. Thanks!!!

5. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

No special reason for choosing the cap, other than I thought it would be easier to label with a sharpie if I needed to. I like the 8 oz. size as they are comparable to the containers soaps like Stirling and others use and they fit in my drawer easily. Also I like the extra space for loading without getting soap everywhere. Finally I prefer the plastic for brief zaps in the microwave if I'm putting a pour and melt soap in one. Just be careful, you can melt the jar if you go too long at one time.

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

You'll never go wrong with Stirling!

Paul Turner and ohbrian like this.
  7. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I use Pyrex storage containers. The 1 cup size - they are glass with plastic lids and they stack easily. They are sold just about anywhere and inexpensive/reusable.

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

update-I may decide to get the full-sized soaps, nice to be able to just unscrew the lid and proceed.

ohbrian, PickledNorthern and dustmite like this.
  9. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

I agree it looks so much cleaner.

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

You could also just buy tins and press samples in. Rod sells them (tins) for like $1.50 They are a lot softer than the soaps you have tried so far, and can be shaped into just about anything. At least that way you haven't bought a couple of hundred shaves worth of something you don't like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul Turner likes this.