Fitness Trackers

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Sara-s, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Are any of you using fitness trackers (such as the FitBit?). Which one do you use? What are your like & dislikes about it?

I have been usin Garmin’s trackers. The first was lost, due to a poorly designed clasp. But the next one (Vivosmart HR +) has a better clasp, GPS, a wrist-based heart rate monitor and is waterproof. The one thing I didn’t like was that it just didn’t quite look like a watch and I wore it as my primary watch. I recently gave that to my hubby, who just uses it to track his runs.

My newest one is the Garmin Vivoactive 3- has a real watch face (which can be customized) as well as having the features of my previous one. It also has a color display. Mostly, it tracks walking around the range and stationary bike workouts.

MR41 likes this.
  2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Fit bit Charge2. I like that it tracks steps, workouts, HR and shows me some notifications from my phone. I wish I could wear one of my watches instead.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I use a Gear S2 with me Samsung phone. It is connected by bluetooth and keeps up with my steps. I also use it to keep up with distance. There are also other apps on it to keep up with weather and such. I can also set it so I get notifications I want to see. Watch faces are changeable too. Only real draw back is when the battery runs down its useless.

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@wchnu how often do you have to charge its battery?

5. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I've finally succeeded in turning off all the fitness tracking stuff on my watch except one funny thing. It still shows sleep time even when I turn the watch off overnight. When I turn it back on it shows I was sleep. How do it know?

6. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I recharge my Gear S3 every night. It generally uses about 1% an hour and takes about 20 minutes to recharge. A full battery should last two or three days even with GPS tracking.

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It treats the lack of movement during a time you told it (when you did hte initial set-up) as sleep.

8. jar

jar Well-Known Member

But I never told it anything during set up and I have told it to turn off ALL fitness notifications, but it is kinda like kids; jess won't listen.

richgem likes this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

OK I’m surprised. But I still infer that it interprets that long period of non-movement as sleep.

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I get a lot of notifications at work. Usually after a 12 hour night it is ready for a charge. If I turn off the text notifications it will last all day. I have a habit of letting it recharge when I am in the apartment. If I leave the notifications on for text and mail it can be down in 10 or 11 hours.