I have been thinking about this for some time. I see old wedge blade safety razors with the stops worn out. Well my curiosity got the best of me. Last week I started looking for a razor with bad stops. They tend to go cheap. I found a French razor that fit the bill. It has 3 very usable wedges so that was a big plus. Sorry I forgot to take pictures before my initial modification. What I decided to do was, instead of just adding solder to build it up. Then filing to shape. I drilled and taped a 0-80 hole. Then I installed small brass screws. Now if I were able to get the holes positioned perfectly. This alone could have worked. Anyhow the holes are off by about .010 inch. My next step is to solder the back side of the screws to the base. Then file the screws to the correct position. Once that is done, I will lightly solder the top side. Then clean up the top side to make my stops. If all goes well I will have a nice shaving French wedge safety razor on the cheap. Here are 2 pictures with the screws installed. I will solder and work on it this weekend. I will be sure to post the process.