Floid Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by madmedic, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Can't wait for the report Johnnie, you guys are making me want some of this too ;)

2. paco

paco New Member

Floïd #1 AS: I got hooked on my first shave. My grandfather used it and my father uses it....it has a marvelous smell and a sting (burning) sensation with a cooling feeling at the end. I use the "mentolado vigoroso" 'cause I love that sting affect :001_wub: ... I'm so used to it that I no longer have that strong burning sensation I had in the beginning.

I think that when people say Floïd Blue they mean that they are using the "mentolado suave" (mild mentholated)..these words are hi-lited in blue on the box (see Emilio's review-http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15163) and the "mentolado vigoroso" (vigorous mentholated) is hi-lited in orange.
    These two (suave & vigoroso) have the same ingredients with the only difference in the concentration of Menthol; "vigoroso" having more, giving it a different smell and a stronger sting ("sting like a bee, float like...") . I'm going to try the Italian one to see the difference.

The distributor in Spain is www.thecolomergroup.com.

For those overseas, USA and Canada. Maybe one way in getting a hold of this Floïd is finding out if there is a Spanish (not South American) store where you live. There will be a higher % in having one if where you live there are a lot of Spaniards. Look for Spanish clubs where you can ask if there are stores like this. I used to live in Toronto and there was one Spanish store with this stuff....another way is getting a hold of a Spanish person (most likely he'll go to Spain sooner or later) and tell him/her to get you some......don't forget to specify "suave" or "vigoroso".

You can also get it via internet but I think it will cost more the shipment than the product:
    http://www.manufactum.co.uk/group/174353/Product_List.2699.0.html

In this link Floïd is not indicated but most likely you can order it
    http://www.shaving-and-razor-shop.com/NL/index.htm

3. TomH

TomH Welcome Wagon

4. Xert

Xert New Member

Whoa Whoa Whoa...WHERE IS THIS STORE!?!?!???

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Thanks for info, paco, and welcome to the Shave Den!

6. paco

paco New Member

Floïd

Thanks Thomas for that web page ;) . It looks like even the Italian Floid bottles are totally different from the Spanish ones. In that web page I also see the orange liquid floid bottle; I am wondering if the orange Italian bottle is the same as the Spanish one and which one? 'cause here we have two types, the "vigoroso" and the "mentolado".....have to try the Italian bottles.

For the ones in Toronto; it seems that the store I mentioned before closed but there is one in Mississauga, "Sol de España"; 550 Lakeshore Rd E (905) 274-2109. Check it out to see if they have floid. You can also contact the Spanish club "Club Hispano" in 3465 Dundas St. W (416) 760-7210, maybe someone in there can tell you where to get it. Another option is Montreal; much much much more Spaniards in that city than Toronto...maybe more Spanish stores?..maybe at least one will have Floid?

Best Regards from Madrid ::kngt
    Paco

7. herzi

herzi Active Member

8. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I've got a Spanish Floid 400ml bottle being shipped to me tomorrow! :D

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Where did you order the Floid, Telly?

10. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

From an Italian eBay seller here. He does speak English but doesn't generally ship to the US. You have to ask him. The link I sent you is for the Mentholated version. I bought the last Spanish version bottle he had here.:p He'll put up more eventually so keep looking. I bought it shipped for $45 USD, which is similar to what everyone else has told me they paid. It'd cost you $84 shipped for two 400ml bottles.

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I believe thats the Italian, unless he put up the wrong picture ;)

Nice haul, I hope you enjoy it! Its a favorite of mine :happy088

12. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

If that's true, it's fine but I think it is the Spanish one. According to Manufactum, this is the Italian one. I have a Spanish journalist friend of mine looking for Spanish stores in NYC for me. She'll let me know and I'll go try to buy the Spanish version - without the excessive shipping charge.

13. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Thank you, Paco. Now I know what to do on some of my vacation days. :D A Floid hunt!!

14. Capt America

Capt America Member

So I've got a question... Or rather, let me see if I've got this right-

Floid makes a total of 4 aftershaves.

In the pictures below, they are in order of-

1) Italian-top left
    2) Spanish- top right
    3) Mentolado- bottom left
    4) This is what's called Floid Blue- bottom right

Is that correct?

Attached Files:

15. Will

Will Nevermind

Number 2 and 3 are the same, just different labels.

16. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I have this one coming.

Attached Files:

17. Capt America

Capt America Member

Looks like the Italian to me, judging by the label. The fluid looks darker like the Spanish, but that could be due to poor lighting.

18. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Correct, Actually to clarify one step further.....number 2 is the "new" label/look, and number 3 is the "old" style.

Note however, that there are 2 versions of spanish floid, according to the menthol intensity

:happy088 -Its the Italian

19. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

20. Smedley

Smedley New Member

I will be in contact with my South American associates over this matter to provide translation services to these Toronto contacts. :transport016