Floid Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by madmedic, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

The blue one is the extra menthol version, correct?

If so, that's a big old :( from me. The regular version will have to do. I still need to try and score some of the blue version one day.

Herzi, you might want to start a new thread on this subject, just to make it official, and so we can keep better track of information, etc. Just a thought.

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I'm in. PM sent

3. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Meanwhile, the search continues for the elusive Blue Spanish. ::

4. herzi

herzi Active Member

Don't forget that I will collect orders only until Friday. So if you haven't decided yet make your decision.

5. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Sol de Espana does not carry Floid. :sad024

I will be working on finding a source for this elixir in the Toronto area regardless.

6. herzi

herzi Active Member

Thanks guys for ordering. They who ordered will get a PM from as soon as possible

7. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Thanks for the update Stefan

8. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "regular" = full strength, and "blue"/"suave"(variant of spanish) is the mild-menthol version.

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I just used the Italian Version......and WOW...that was a great experience.

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Glad you like it too ::

11. herzi

herzi Active Member

As far as I know the blue one has more menthol. But I haven't tried it.

12. La Pedrera

La Pedrera New Member

Floids in Portugal

I think I read it one some message somewhere.. but can't recall.

Does anyone know if this is available in Portugal? My friends girlfriend is there on vacation with her family, and I am going to shortly place an order, and I do not want to have her running from store to store if it's not even something that's available considering she is doing me this favour.

Essentially, if Floids is available, the order will be as many as she is comfortable bring back with her. :D

Otherwise, anyone have any suggestions on what shaving stuffs is worth bring back from that country?

For the other local Torontonian (I believe Dave / Smedley) trying to source the Floids.. if I get some from her, I would be happy to arrange to get some to you, as you suffer the same shipping issues I do. :)

C

13. minderasr

minderasr Member

Musgo Real products perhaps?

14. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Thanks, man! I appreciate it.

15. herzi

herzi Active Member

Congratulations! You'll certainly enjoy 'em stuffs very much!

16. Xert

Xert New Member

Oooooh. Now that would be unbelievably fantastic.

17. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Any update on the scent variations of regular Italian Floid Vs. Floid Blue. I took the plunge and picked up a big honkin 400ml bottle of original Italian Floid after trying a small decant of it.

I've found that it performs very well, but it's a bit too "powdery" of a scent for me. I'm not allergic or anything, but I tend to sneeze quite a bit throughout the day when I wear it. I'm wondering what the Floid Blue smells like compared to the original? Is it the same powdery/anise scent, or something different since it's supposed to be for sensitive skin?

18. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Do a CWR after it settles down (1-2 minutes?), it'll tone it down nicely for you ;)

19. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Wouldn't a cold water rinse just reduce the benefits from the as? Meaning, wouldn't I have to moisturize again b/c the CWR just removed all the glycerin?

I have a small decant of the Floid Blue, and to me it smells a bit like AV at first, w/a bit of a powdery scent after a while. Not nearly as much of a powdery scent of the original IF.

However, the big deal was when the wifey sniffed me. When she smelled me wearing original Floid it was a "it smells ok", but when I used Floid blue it was "mmmm, what are you wearing". ...think I've got a winner here.

20. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

No.

After you shave, anything (or at least most) you put on your face gets soaked in pretty quick. You won't be "rinsing" away the glycerin. In fact, glycerin likes water (its a humectant)

Give it a rinse, bro

http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=814