Floid - Italian

Discussion in 'Aftershave Reviews' started by TraderJoe, Jul 15, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Italian Personified
    This is the After Shave I grab when I’m going for a touch of the “Old Country,” as my olfactory senses instantly transport me to an Italian Barbershop (even my girlfriend commented one day after I had finished slathering this all over my mug: “It smells like a barbershop in here!”). I typically describe the scent as powdery-anise.

Italian Floid also has an amazing feel to your skin. It is exceptionally cooling, and reportedly has a lower alcohol content than a standard alcohol-based Aftershave (per Intercosmo’s [manufacturer] website):

"The genuine" After-Shave:Lotion formulated with natural extracts and a low percentage of alcohol.
    § It's the forerunner of the entire line.
    § Fresh and pleasant fragrance thanks to the menthol in the formula.
    § Performs a moisturizing and hydrating action on the skin.
    § A lotion with a low percentage of alcohol and natural extracts.
    § Soothes redness and irritations.

Yes, it does a wonderful job of soothing redness and irritation. And it does this very quickly. Less than 5 minutes after applying this, your face will be cleared of most redness/irritation. It will also leave your skin BBS (baby soft) and nicely moisturized.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

A treasure that I thought I'd never get to use! It's smells super, the cooling effect, soothing, and skincare are wonderful, and even the price is fairly reasonable. How can I not have this stuff as part of my a/shave rotation now?

Jeff

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Great stuff,

I like the scent and the cooling it provides..nice skincare too :cool:

4. Will

Will Nevermind

I like to call it Italian Velva :)

5. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

The Velva it is not

Again I usually do not review a product until I have used it for more that 2 weeks but this stuff is good.

Burn: Well it is alcohol based and I am breaking in a new razor so maybe that has something to do with it. The burn is not unpleasant, nor is it magnesium. I like an alcohol burn so YMMV.

Moisturizing: It does not dry the skin, it firms and tightens.

Absorption: I gave it a 9 cause it does "sit" on my face for a little while. That could be the soap that I am using.

Cooling: It is not an ice cube but it does cool and you can notice the menthol effect.

Soothing: It does a good job of killing any razor burn you have keeping your face from screaming any more.

Healing: I seals up the small nicks and cuts and makes that redness go away.

Price: It is an import and the shipping is expensive so there you have it.

I like the smell, very hard to put into words. Powder, Flowers, Maybe some musk or oakyness. Not a girl smell, very manly.

6. dragonthief

dragonthief New Member

Floid: Italian or Spanish?

I was going to ask if there were two... I know the Catalan Floid, which is bright orange but has a similar smiling face on it... I'm a huge fan, loving the sensation, the fragrance and the way it dries to a smooth, almost powdered finish. The menthol (at least in the 'vigoroso' edition) is awesome. It's also one of those manly fragrances that settles in for the long haul without being obtrusive: you don't smell like a boudoir from ten paces, but breath on your palm and press your cheeks and you revive a manly waft for when you really want to impress ;) I also gave this top marks for price because in Spain, where I buy it, it costs 7 Euros for 300 mils...

Can anyone confirm that there are indeed two Floids? A Catalan and an Italian?

:confused:

7. olafurson

olafurson Member

As near to perfection as any aftershave I've tried!!!!

Burn: Less than Brut, believe it or not. Low-alcohol indeed. Great!
    Moisturizing: One of only a small handful where I DON'T have to add a separate moisturizer afterwards! Wonderful!
    Cooling: Pleasantly cool and long-lasting. Never eye-wateringly frozen. What menthol SHOULD feel like. Perfect balance.
    Soothing: Shave? What shave? Was there a steel blade on my face? I don't remember.
    Healing: ...and I see no evidence of said shave either. Face feels BETTER afterwards.
    Price: Seriously? $30 for a 400mL bottle flown in directly from Italy. That's pretty darn cheap, fellas.
    Scent: GREAT! Disarmingly powdery, yes, but once you get over the idea that everything manly = spice, you will learn to love the powder. Trust me. It's perfect.

CONCLUSION: The standard by which all other aftershaves should be measured, from now til the end of time. Perfection in a (giant, heavy, brick-like, manly, head-busting, take-no-prisoners, bad-ass) bottle.

Oh yeah, the question above: Yes, there is a Spanish Floïd, which comes in a "Suave" (mild) and "Vigoroso" (NOT-mild) level of menthol. The Vigoroso is abotu equivalent to the Italian version we're discussing here. In fact... Spanish Floïd and Italian Floïd smell/function basically the same. <ducks flames>