Floid Suave after shave splash review

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by feeltheburn, Aug 22, 2022.

1. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I finished off a bottle of Floid Suave today so thought I'd write a quick review. It's really good stuff and I highly recommend it.

Scent: Seems simple and one-dimensional, which is ok with me for an after shave. It's a nice scent, not too strong for me and lasts a couple hours. To me it smells musky with some baby powder mixed in. I guess you could call it a barbershop scent...because you can apparently call anything a barbershop scent.

Skin-care is great. It moisturizes really well, almost like a balm would but isn't quite as heavy as that. It doesn't leave my face feeling greasy or anything though. This is one of the best after shaves I've ever used as far as skin care goes.

The menthol in this one is one of the most interesting things about it. I love cooling after shaves. If you don't, you won't like this one. It's not a really strong cooling feel but what's interesting about it is it doesn't hit you as soon as you splash it on. It takes a minute. But once it does, the cooling lasts a little longer than most. Still only a few minutes but enough to be different from most of the stuff out there. Not sure why this is. Maybe it's a synthetic menthol?

Overall this is a fantastic after shave. Definitely worth trying. I haven't tried the Vigoroso version yet but it's now on my list for sure. Apparently it has a stronger scent and more menthol.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

i have the Floid Black label aftershave,very Creed Aventus like.love the cooling and performance.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Another one for my list.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.