Floridian insight needed! Finding Florida Water

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Shotwell, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Ok, so I've seen several comments from Floridians saying that Murray and Lanman Florida Water cologne is pervasive here. I'm currently in Pompano Beach on a family vacation, and I can't seem to find the stuff anywhere (yet). I've tried a couple of local shops, family grocery stores, and drug stores... Both national chains and local places. Even tried Whole Foods and a Publix. There also don't seem to be any Latin/Mexican/Cuban stores around that I have found... I figured I'd find at least one bodega here but no luck so far.

So... Anyone in the know care to tell me where I can find some of this locally? Should I try Wal-Mart? Or some other retailer?

Looking for a general tip to help me find some locally. If you're familiar with the area, and have a specific place in mind, even better. It's just for a fragrance... Not practicing any Santeria any time soon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428633853.653081.jpg

178-bplatoon likes this.
  2. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

it is at most of the Spanish stores. Sally beauty supply, I think Walgreen.

JR Reyes likes this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

too bad you're in Florida.
    In Michigan you can pick it up at Walgreens

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

They have it all over Tampa. There has to be a Hispanic store in Pompano. Or one close by.

Shotwell likes this.
  6. troy_gies

troy_gies Active Member

You might want to try Festival Flea Market (an adventure all its own) on West Sample near 441. Also keep an eye out for a couple Latin/Spanish markets: Presidente, Sedano, or Bravo. No guarantee that they would have what you are looking for. But, you could always pick up some chorizo and morcillas, and fire up the grill!!

Bristle Me and Shotwell like this.
  7. Shotwell

We are right near there now, enjoying the Sugar Sands Park. So we may just stop by the Flea Market!

troy_gies likes this.
  8. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Flea market? Time to got hunting in the wild! Best of luck...looking forward to the pictures in "the Haul"...lol.

9. Shotwell

Nada at the Flea Market. Lots of Tabac, though!!! Too bad that isn't my thing.

10. Shotwell

Also no luck at Walgreens, either.

11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Go to walgreens.com and see what store it's in stock at.

12. Shotwell

None anywhere within 120+ miles, according to the Walgreens store and product location search.

So my wife decided to order me 3 bottles via Amazon Prime for $12 with free shipping. She didn't want my obsessive hunt for El Agua de Florida to continue any longer on our vacation so she just ordered it online.

Ironic that I'm in Florida and can't seem to find it anywhere. My next stop was one of the Latin grocery stores mentioned... (Or Walmart.)

And I still may stop at one anyway, when I am off on my own on Monday for a lunch meeting/job interview in Ft. Lauderdale. I feel like I owe it to myself, and any who are searching for it in the future, to find out where on earth you can actually buy this elusive stuff that everyone says is so pervasive down here.

Darkbulb likes this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

A for effort.

Shotwell likes this.
  14. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I'm in Louisiana and I find Florida Water in Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, independent drug stores and many local grocery stores such as Carters, I think Rouses, WinnDixie and Albertsons many sell it also. It's pretty easy to find around here. Good luck!! :happy088:

[Edit] Florida Water isn't in the aftershave section of Walgreens. It's around the makeup and Burts Bees section.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  15. Shotwell

Walgreens was a bust here, and the Walmart here that was suggested to me by a couple of people also had none. Next stop... Presidente?

16. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Kroger has it with the Hispanic based styling supplies

17. Shotwell

The search has ended... I finally found some Florida Water in Florida. I went into a Bravo supermarket and they didn't have it (despite having a large selection of other questionable fragrances including one called "Attraction," and another one named, oddly, "Road Opener.)

[​IMG]

So after striking out yet again, I thought "what the heck," and walked into the Family Dollar store next door to Bravo. No expectations. I had given up.

And lo and behold, there it was -- Florida Water! $3.85 for a 7.5 ounce bottle. I picked up two.

[​IMG]

I feel like I can finally rest, now that I've found it in a store. Who would have guessed that it would be so elusive?

So, today I learned: Do not search for Florida Water. When you stop looking, it will find you.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    troy_gies likes this.
  18. Shotwell

Found it again -- again, when I wasn't really looking. This time at a Salvadoran market, next door to a wonderful little Salvadoran restaurant named El Guanaco (on 44th in Oakland Park, near Fort Lauderdale).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431217864.049442.jpg

Also couldn't resist buying some sugarcane juice. I have no idea what that will be like.

19. I live in Chapel Hill, NC- none of the Walgreen's here carry it. But I talked to a manager and he told me they would order a bottle and no shipping would be charged. Or you can buy a case online with no shipping.

20. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

I envy Floridians. They can get this water by just turning on the tap any time they like …