For Vapers: Johnson Creek's VEA

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Jan 17, 2013.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Between my Avon Imperator and this, today has been a fun USPS day.

My dad bought me the Johnson Creek VEA for Christmas (belatedly) and just surprised me with it. I'm using it as I type. My words won't do it justice. All I can say is, if you vape, it is beyond well worth it. Pictures on their website don't do it justice, and my pics would only suck, but the fit and finish are excellent. The designers truly thought of everything and the quality is well worth the price. Do check it out if you haven't already!

(currently enjoying JC's Tennessee Cured, 1.8 nic., and surrounded by a cloud o' cheerful, delicious vapor)

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    IMG_5361.JPG It looks like a re-branded eGo battery setup. Does it use standard eGo threading? The color is really, really nice.

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The color is even nicer in person, too.

5. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Joyetech invented the eGo. so yeah.
    Yep, the black one is my backup. I graduated to big boy toys. (mostly because I can't resist shiny stuff.)

Edit: O.K. after reading that review, it's definitely on it's own. I'd be willing to bet that it is made by Joyetech for Johnson Creek, though. There are just too many similarities between the systems. It does sound as though the JC models are a step up from the eGo, if you don't mind being (more-or-less) forced to use their products for the best vaping experience.

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If you didn't see it, I edited my earlier response with a review I just found. He says they're similar but not same. I dunno.

My brother gave me an extra 510 because he took pity on me smoking the Mistic. Fair enough, but then I gave him a Mistic refilled with JC. I can't say JC juice is better than anyone else's (I've heard it's middle of the road) but he was sucking down Chinese juice and so was definitely impressed by the JC.

7. puros_bran

puros_bran Active Member

Ego's (and the derivative works) are great.. The fat bat fixed the actual problem of needing to carry 47 stick bats to run out to the mailbox. :D

8. puros_bran

puros_bran Active Member

Jc juice is 10,000 times better than Mistic. That's a scientific fact.

How long have y'all been vaping?

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

True, true. Mistic's menthol is tolerable to decent but the baccy flavor...well...

About 2 years, ever since my dad had 1/2 a lung removed. You?

10. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I started with an nJoy kit back in 1997. I wasn't impressed and gave it up soon after.

Back in early December I saw a thread about vaping in one of the motorcycle forums I frequent, then I saw a thread about it here in the shave den. That piqued my interest enough to go out and buy another 510 starter kit, just to compare to my old nJoy kit (which I still have).

A week after that, I upgraded to eGo batteries and bottled juices. Two weeks after that, I upgraded yet again to a variable voltage/variable wattage device (VV/VW) and a week after that I started using Genisis style rebuildable atomizers. I've spent about 6 hours a day for the last month and a half absorbing vaping knowledge.

The e-juice selection has improved dramatically in the last 5 years. I think I'm soon going to be hooked on Mad Murdock's Radiator Pluid. Oh well, better than the stinkies, eh?

11. puros_bran

puros_bran Active Member

Much better.... I'm a Bobas Bounty junky.. only took ordering from every company out there before finding it and ending the hunt for a daily cape.
    In a pinch I groove on RY4.

I've been vaping 13 months.

I've had every mod known to man, up until the rebuildable craze really took off. I couldn't go down that rabbit hole.

12. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Here's my daily user. I figured I would show it next to an eGo Twist for size comparison. The lower part is the Vamo VV/VW mod, it goes by several names, but Vamo is the most common. The top part is an AGA-T rebuildable atomizer, upgraded with a Pyrex tube from IBTanked. The tip is a stainless steel "horn" style drip tip. I call it Sputnik.
    IMG_5360.JPG

13. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Who's RY4?
    I've tried Quick Nic Juice's RY4, which is pretty good, and someone else's RY4 which was awful (the name escapes me at the moment).

Boba's Bounty has about the same reputation as Pluid, and about as vocal of a fan base.

14. puros_bran

puros_bran Active Member

You'll laugh.. Dekang.

I assume your on ECF, Nu Vapor, etc.

15. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Just ECF.

Dekang is the original RY4, unless you are part of the group that thinks Janty is the original. Either way, close enough. Everything else is an imitation.

16. puros_bran

puros_bran Active Member

Actually Ruyan made the original RY4.

Ikenvape RY4 gold is good too.

17. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    :Face palm:
    I knew that! I remember reading that on the RY4 roundup.

18. puros_bran

puros_bran Active Member

Back to the OP...

if you find yourself out and about in need, blu uses JC liquid in their products. Overpriced but better than the dt's

19. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    JC also offers the WTA (Whole Tobacco Alkaloids) juices. I realized that when I went to order some of that today.:)

Edit: Nevermind, it's Aroma Ejuice, not JC.

20. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Ordered some Boba's Bounty today from AV, in 12mg and 18mg. Also got some Blueberry Cheesecake. I hope their version is good, because that has been my all day vape. Then I hopped over to Aroma Ejuice, and bought some Beetle Juice at 12 mg. It's made from WTA liquid, so I'll give that a try.