Forum Attitudes

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by TheCopperHat, Feb 4, 2011.

1. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

Kudos to TSD...

It's like sitting in your living room chatting about wet shaving..

As a professional photographer, I have a real issue when I post the details of my gear on other forums and the brand name 'Nikon' gets filtered out.. That's beyond silly.

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I haven't a clue. It looks more like a cash register type machine to me and the background looks like what may be a restaurant...

3. Wyowanderer

Wyowanderer New Member

Interesting thread.
    I'll agree that TSD has been a great place to come for advice. I've asked questions (searched for the answers first) and had them answered kindly and patiently.
    The fact that the members here treat noobs well is evidence of the culture here.

I've posted on a couple other sites about the things that cause a forum to die, and the consensus was that the ill treatment of noobs, constant bickering, and conveying special status to long time members (who are then rude to other members) as a major source. I haven't seen any evidence of this here.

I'd like to thank the members here for their patience, and the Mods for doing a great job of reigning in threads that have the potential for getting out of line. It's nice to come somewhere fun.

4. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

This is the best forum I have ever belonged to bar none. I belong to several hunting and outdoor forums and have left several because of the attitudes and flaming. I have real thick skin but a low tolerance for BS so I cut and ran. I stay on the good ones and have even met some great people in persone because of memberships, but this place is the greatest.