Found at my parents house

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by 5Savages, Apr 14, 2012.

1. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I knew my Mom had some shaving equipment that used to be her Dad's, but I hadn't been there since I started DE shaving and hadn't really paid attention to it before. Today I was there and checked it out. There was an old fancy mug, two beat up straights, a strop, and these two beautiful brushes. I want these so bad, and my Dad told me to go ahead and take one, but I'll wait until we split up the estate...I'm in NO hurry. When I do get them, I'll restore the one on the right, and leave the other one as is.

[​IMG]

2. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

SENSATIONAL! These will be real beauties and with a family connection - great 'score'

3. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Great old handles.. should be pretty nifty once restored. That's awesome that you've got some of that good stuff from the fam..:happy088: I got a DE from my buddy that was his father's...

4. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

Very nice. I just found a Ever-Ready in real good shape at a flea market 2 weeks ago that I have been working on.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

6. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

Just got to say it again - SENSATIONAL!

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I have 6 Ever-ready's. 4 awaiting reknot, 2 of which are green like that 200 you have there, 2 red ones similar to the green, one like GDC just reknoted, and a red and white 150. I have 24mm silvetrips in the 200s and I also made one damn near identical to them for my dad. Excellent handles to reknot. Jeff (Stingraysrocks) has several greenies too. The two red handled ones I have I'm going to reknot with a 24 mm horse knot and a 24 mm super badger as a gift for my brother. He wet shaves but isn't as enthusiastic as most of us are so he doesn't have a silvertip yet. He only has The Dridecker I gave him and a VDH boar.

Dude, I'm stoked for you.

I really like the 101A you got there too. Reeeeeally nice bonus that they are your gramps's gear too. :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

They're both looking great!
    Congrats!

10. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Awesome looking brushes, should make great restores:happy096: