Found my barbershop yesterday

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Oct 22, 2022.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Had to do training in a nearby town and got turned around on the way back. Been overdue for a haircut so I stopped in a place that was open. Small, just four chairs, all men. A Hispanic man named Rocky was opened so he called me over. He's retired and went to barber college to do something with his time. A black veteran was touching up the flat top on another vet and I commented on the ribbons on his ballcap (SW Asia Service, I've got one too). We all chatted from there. Relaxing atmosphere. Rocky gave me an excellent and careful haircut for the same price I've been overpaying at Great Clips, and says he'll be glad to take off my beard when the time comes (never had a real barber shave before...don't plan to mow it off for awhile but I'm looking forward to it). FINALLY have a barbershop I like. Glad I got lost so I could find it.

Enrico, brit, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Been seeing Don for nigh 20 years now.
    After every cut I schedule my next cut for four weeks out.

Sounds like you found the right place.

Enrico, brit and gorgo2 like this.
  3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Good to know you found a new spot!

I had been going to Brown's to see Seth in Mulberry, FL for years. Brown's is too far away now to get a haircut during working hours, and Seth does not cut hair on weekends. I am in search of a new barber now.

Enrico, brit and gorgo2 like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Say hi to the sheriff if you see him!

brit likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

been self clippered since the plague hit in march 202o.my barber retired and rightly so ..on the hunt in the future .:).miss the routine.

Enrico likes this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've been self clipping since 1991.

:)

gorgo2 and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

:D:eatdrink047:

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Been doing it myself for awhile but a few times a year, got to take it into the shop for a tune up.

Enrico likes this.