**FOUND** WTB: Shave ready cheap straight

Discussion in 'Want To Buy' started by tsenfw, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsenfw

tsenfw Member

Hey guys, been a long time. Been on a very long DE run but getting back into straights lately. Looking for a cheap shave ready straight. Hopefully from a great honer.

I currently have a dovo stainless that seems to have an uneven bevel going on. I can't quite get it sharp/smooth enough not to pull with thick stubble. I suck at honing. Even sent it to a known awesome honer and still felt pulling to me.

So looking for a cheap straight shave ready so I can confirm my concept of sharp. And to practice maintaining the edge on a hard Chinese stone.

2. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

whats your price range?
    What size, and type of grind are you looking for?

3. tsenfw

tsenfw Member

I've only tried full hollow and 1/4 hollow so far, not that experienced, wedge looks interesting. Grind and size don't really matter to me right now as much as cheap, easy to maintenance hone, and already have a smooth very sharp edge upon delivery. Realistically I'd like to stay as much under $50 as I can.

4. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Have you looked at WhippedDog yet? Most of Larry's razors are under $50.00 and he puts a very sharp edge on them.

Williams Warrior likes this.
  5. tsenfw

tsenfw Member

Reserved one! Thanks guys! Very impressed with whippeddog's offerings and helping the shaving community. Wish he was around 5 years ago when I started!

swarden43 and otherstar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.