Fountain Pens

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by JayKay, Jul 27, 2008.

1. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

So I started collecting fountain pens, at least what I can afford on a budget. I've come to realize that collecting shaving gear, pens, watches, and possibly hats all seem to be correlated. I think its time everybody starts showing off their lookers. So, here are mostly Chinese pens and a Pelikan.

Attached Files:

2. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Nice start, Jay. I think you'll enjoy the Hero pen very much. You also picked a couple of brands of fantastic ink in Noodlers and Private Reserve.

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Thanks Steve. The third pen from the left is a Hero with a hooded nib filled with noodlers Ottoman Azure and is probably my smoothest writing pen. Its got a somewhat dry F nib and writes like a dream. Some of the other brands are Duke, Pilot, Baor, Kaiglu, and an un-branded eye dropper pen that came with the bottle of noodlers nakita. I'm a bit interested in trying some of the other more well known brands like Diamine and Levenger but cant bring my self to buy anything else as I have 2 blues and 2 blacks (one red black), and a red. I was thinking about possibly trying a gray or a brown. I also like the Red n' Black notebooks from Staples. Theyre a brand based out of the UK. I should add some writing staples.

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

You've got some nice looking pens, there, Jason, especially for just starting out. I gave it a shot not too long ago, also. I picked up a Lamy fine point in blue, and when the little cruddy cartridge they gave me ran out I got a refill converter and some Noodler's ink. I love it!

I think the whole thing with classic shaving, hats, fountain pens and the like just harkens back to a time of civility before our current, disposable culture.