Fragrace oil (I think), now what?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Woknblues, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

A friend of mine picked me up a couple of bottles of what I believe to be fragrance oils, one labeled "Eternity type" and "happy type".... I am not entirely familiar with the eternity and happy scents, but they smell OK from what I have smelled of the contents.

My question is this, how and or with what do I cut these bad boys with so that I don't start a chemical fire on my face?

My next question is if this stuff proves to be "OK", does anyone have any further suggestions for future FOs (if they are available)? I really liked WoW, Victorian Limes, some vetivers, leathery smoky, tobaccoey (hey, I just made up an adjective), etc...

And one more quick one, to the purveyors of scented products, how much money does a good FO run (these bottles look to be about 30cc)? My friend gets them from a giant Chinese chemical factory in the shopping district of a Manila "suburb".

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    How do you want to use the FOs? Soaps? Homemade colognes? What?

3. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Going to explore these things shortly.

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

don't hurt yourself now!!!

Raf

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I use EO's in my M&P soaps. Depending on how many pucks I pour determines how much oil I am going to use. For a puck about 3 oz in size I put about 4 to 5 drops of EO depending on the scent. If I mix scents then I use fewer drops of each of the oils. I have never had any problems with EO's and skin issues. I have read that in making Cold Process soaps you use about .5 oz. to 1 oz. of EO's or FO's per pound of the batch of soap or per pound of base oils, cant remember right now, that is being poured. It is mixed in at trace directly into the mix. There is a lot of info if you do a search on soapmaking.

Raf

6. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

well, I guess I am looking to make some colognes. Also, I was trying to find WH to make some aftershaves. Could anyone steer me towards formulation of these two products? (colognes and aftershaves).. Are all FOs of the same or a universal "strength"? I am guessing the answer is "no". Are there certain types of alcohols used in making colognes? Am I about to embark on yet another hobby? I am scared. Help! ;) . My friend says he just dabs the FO right on to his skin. I am completely out on that option.