Fragrances-Answers to some current questions

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Dzia Dzia, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Great article.

I found the best way to find fragrances is to buy samples from one of the big sample providers like Surrender to Chance. I now have more than 50 bottles(including decants). To really know a fragrance you need to 'wear' it more than once and it is a great way to try out expensive bottles before buying.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  2. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Those are some great fragrances, Charlie. Some great classics. I haven't tried Terre d’Hermès yet but I'm going too.
    I really like the Aramis collections. Yes, they are powerhouses but as you say a little dab 'll do ya. I always get favorable comments from all of them. And they can be found on the bay and elsewhere for under fifty bucks.
    If I had a signature scent it would be the Vetivers I get the best responses with them and I find myself continually searching for a wiff when I wear it. On me it's a great scent and lifts my spirits always.

... To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

wristwatchb likes this.
  3. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Caron is often considered a 'niche' cologne, though it is not particularly more expensive than several department store brands; that could make finding it at the mall tricky, depending. . . though a good retailer will know niche sources to seek also. The other is by Chanel, if I'm recalling sources correctly.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  4. Dzia Dzia

Thanks for the heads up, Kieth. I was wondering where I could find a place to find samples, though as often as my grandson and I visit the counters at Macy's they may start giving me some samples. LOL

... To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

5. Dzia Dzia

ENABLERS:happy097::happy102::happy068:

6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

If you like Vetivers Guerlain Vetiver is iconic and the price is very good for the quality you get. Dior is similar with a little more citrus and effervescence but the price difference is huge. Roja Dove Vetiver is amazing as is the price.

For leather I put them into 2 categories, dirty and clean.
    Dirty leather Knize Ten is a classic and not super dirty. Super dirty is Dior fahrenheit or LM Perfumes Hard Leather. Dior Leather Oud is dirty and animalistic.

Clean leathers; Chanel Cuir de Russie and Dior Cuir Cannage.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

nice double negatory

8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Unlike AXE, Trix can be enjoyed by adults.

Better? :p

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

Yes....I'd rather have some Trix cereal than put AXE on my skin.

10. Dzia Dzia

Does that mean you have Trix pox, or does it mean you would rather eat Trix than put Axe on your skin?

... To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

Keithmax likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

the latter, and you got me good!!!

12. Dzia Dzia

I'm sorry, Paul. It's just that when I read your post it made me picture the Skittles candy commercial. I knew what you meaned.

... To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

13. Paul Turner

Oh, that's all right :)

14. Paul Turner

I think that's what I'll do with Wm. Neumann's items. Bill has expensive stuff, but he slowly attracts me. Vintage!!!!

15. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Don, thank you for the referenced link. Since I'm just now starting to learn, it was very informative. And thank you for the input you gave me via PM. I applaud you sir!
    God Bless.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  16. Dzia Dzia

Thanks. I gleaned much from the links you refer to, the article from AOM, and the great posts on this thread. Thanks to everyone.
    Be sure to check out this link...
    http://surrendertochance.com/ from info provided by @Keithmax. Good way to sample different scents without breaking the bank.

... To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

Keithmax likes this.