Frankenrazors show and tell thread

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Shotwell, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Anyone else got a Frankenrazor they'd like to show off?

I personally got one by accident. I bought an unbranded German razor on eBay for $4 the other day, and then dropped it in the sink within the first hour of unwrapping it... And the head snapped off. (I'm guessing it was zamak or some other stuff pot metal? The broken thread had a core that looked almost like gray plastic.)

Anyway, as luck would have it, I also had a spare Old Type head lying around that I found in a box I'd received which had another razor in it. So i matched up the Old Type head with the German handle and came up with this little guy. They actually look pretty good together. The handle is shorter than most, though not as short as a Travel Tech, and it is thinner as well. As a Frankenrazor, I'm pretty happy with it. Tomorrow I will see how it shaves!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have a Frankenrazor, too, show it off by posting pics of it below!

Jayaruh, gorgo2, 178-bplatoon and 3 others like this.
  2. Shotwell

No one??

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

All I have at the moment is a Probak handle with a '68 travel Tech head. Once upon a time, I was Dr. Frankenrazor...Krona doors on a Superadjustable, a Senator baseplate (open comb) put back in use all by itself and, as far as I know, the first guy stupid enough to put a Schick injector head on a ball-end Tech handle. Or maybe I was just the only one to fess up to it.

Shotwell and 178-bplatoon like this.
  4. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

Out of all my razors, I don't have any Frankens. I even spent weeks prowling ebay looking for parts just to Frankenize a couple extra heads I had laying around. Got a couple cool handles... and then found the exact ones I needed for cheap. Both were cased razors with damaged heads. Some switcheroo action, and boom, complete razors again. So now I have a couple extra handles but no heads. I could search for things to stick on them, but I assume that sooner or later they will come together.

Shotwell likes this.
  5. Rapidray

Rapidray Well-Known Member

Well that is nice looking...even if it is a Frankenrazor.

Shotwell likes this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

For the most part, everything I have is a frankenrazor. I use the same bulldog handle with any number of heads (old, lc new, feather portable, r41, new improved, new deluxe, early tech, and weber ph).

Jayaruh and Shotwell like this.
  8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I'm a "Frankenrazor" enthusiast myself. I've mated my Weber BullDog handle up, at one time or another, to most of my DE heads. Currently I'm using a Gillette "NEW" LC/OC mated to a griestshaving "FAT" brass handle, the combo works really well for me! :happy088:

Jayaruh, gorgo2 and Shotwell like this.
  9. Shotwell

Let's see it!!

10. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I can't do pics unfortunately..:(

11. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

My main razor is one. My first razor was a Lord L6 which I liked, except for the handle. I wanted to try an open comb so got a Parker 26c. Didn't like the head but really liked the handle. So my main razor now is a Lord L6 head with a Parker 26c handle, and it does a very nice job!

Jayaruh and 178-bplatoon like this.
  12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Cool.... does it shave any differently with the heavier handle?

13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

14. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

As in one handle for multiple heads ?

PanChango and GDCarrington like this.
  15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Currently I have 8 razor heads (Old Type, New Improved, New Deluxe, LC New, Tech, Feather Portable, PH Weber, & 2013 R41) and use them all on the same Weber Bulldog handle.

I have a Bulldog & Wave from Weber and a Tuckaway from Ikon, but I like the Bulldog the best and use it the most.

178-bplatoon and BigMark like this.
  16. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Not mine but seen on Ebay and so amazing it deserved to be recognized for greatness IMHO.

Frank.jpg

Shotwell, Herm2502 and Jayaruh like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    frankenschick3a.jpg

Shotwell likes this.
  18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The EJ NEW.
    new5a.jpg

mrchick, Herm2502 and Shotwell like this.
  19. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

:shocked003: Frankenrazor! :scared001:

Maggard head paired with an unknown handle picked up at an estate sale. This handle is very heavy, easily heavier than my DE89! It's solid up to the neck where it attaches to the head. Looks like it may have been chromed. Not sure how old it is, but it came with a unmarked, broken, open comb head.

Maggard-1.JPG

Jayaruh and clint64 like this.
  20. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

$_3-2.jpeg $_3-1.jpeg
    any info would be appreciated

Jayaruh likes this.