FREE Newbie kit: Best free kit ever??? YOU DECIDE! *GONE*

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Baloosh, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

So part of the den trim-down means I get to help out any gents who are just getting started in wetshaving. So I've put together a package full of some good stuff, so anyone looking to try out a little bit of everything can take advantage! (I used a lot of the word "so" in these first couple of sentences... but meh.)

Price: FREE to CONUS addresses. Because of the weight, I'm going to have to ask whomever might be interested *OUTSIDE* the CONUS to help out on shipping... your part wouldn't be more than $10 - promise!

All you gotta do is post your interest in this thread, any kind of Reply will work. I'll leave this up until Wednesday June 16 and that evening I'll let random.org pick the winning number. Your entry number will be the post number of your Reply. For example, the first person who posts below this one will have entry #2, the next person to post in this thread will have entry #3, and so on. (There will not be an entry #1, because that's MY post! ;))

Here's the breakdown:

Semogue 2000 boar brush
    Savile Row 3124 Silvertip badger brush (hardest decision I've ever had to make (from a wetshaving perspective) to let this one go)
    Gillette Long Handled Adjustable from 1971 (date code R3)
    Gillette Flair Tip from 1954 (date code Z3) - not pictured
    QTY 5 Swedish Gillette blades
    QTY 5 Derby blades
    QTY 5 Astra Superior Platinum blades
    QTY 10 Feather blades
    QTY 5 Lord DE blades
    QTY 5 Astra Keramik blades
    My Time Bath & Body Green Irish Tweed type soap - 75%
    Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood soap - New, unused (in Ziploc tub)
    Proraso cream tube - New, unused (no box)
    Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood cream tub - 90%
    Proraso soap - 90%
    Arko shave stick - New, unused
    Erasmic shave stick - New, unused (original TALLOW version)
    Palmolive shave stick - New, unused (TALLOW version)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So there ya have it. A boar brush, a badger brush, a couple of razors, a mixture of blades... some soaps... some creams... some sticks!!

Just post a reply to enter this contest. Note that this is a TSD *EXCLUSIVE* and will *NOT* be posted on any other forum!

Remember -- winner will be drawn Wednesday night June 16!

2. gandrw

gandrw New Member

give away

please sing me up and thank you for the opportunity to win such a great prize.

3. UnklGus

UnklGus Member

I would love the opportunity to try out some oh these products. Thanks for the offer!

4. Blooze

Blooze New Member

Please count me in. This a great opportunity for me to try a lot of things here at the start. Thanks for offering it!!!!!

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I have plenty o' stuff, so don't count me in, but a huge THANK YOU for your generosity and making this a TSD exclusive!

:happy096

6. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Thanks to all for the responses! And I won't count this particular post (and any other posts in this thread that explicitly request *NOT* being counted) as the winning one if it comes up. I'll just re-draw out of the potential post numbers that actually are eligible.

In short, what I'm saying is if you want to post in this thread, but do *not* want to win the prize -- post away!! I'm smart enough to figure out who wants in and who doesn't. ;)

Good Luck to All!!!!

7. AnarchoPhil

AnarchoPhil Member

This is a huge package and I would very thankful to be entered.

8. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Count me in. Lots of stuff in there I'd love to try!

9. gort40

gort40 New Member

Freebie for a Newbie

Please count me in on that haul. There's a lot of neat stuff in the offering...so sign me up!

10. Batness

Batness New Member

I'd love to be counted! Unlike the menfolk in my family I am new to the wetshaving ritual; just started in May!

(Also of note if I did win I'd do a PIF soon too. Karmic balance.)

11. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Very generous offer. Bravo Jason!

(not signing up)

12. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Man! You are just awesome with your generosity Jason. I would love to throw my hat in the ring just because it is so nice, but I must refrain. I got my own stuff and think I'm not new enough to be included.

**NOT INCLUDED**

To the winner: If you aren't familiar with the stuff listed above, know that this is one sweet a$$ kit. You need to remember the generosity and reciprocate sometime in the future if/when you have the opportunity.
    My words above, NOT Jason's!

Best of luck to all who enter :happy023

13. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Since believe it was my PM to Jason that caused his post above, I'll restate here:

This is amazingly generous. Several products could be sold easily. Whoever wins this will have a superb shave kit.
    :happy096 Jason!
    I'm obviously not a Noobie and do not wish to be included.

14. azshaver

azshaver Member

do NOT include, I just wanted to say WOW!

15. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

WOW that is one awesome kit! I have plenty of stuff and wish not to be included even thought there is a good amount of stuff that I would like to try. I just wanted to post to thank Jason for his generosity because he could sell that kit easily, and also to thank him for some inspiration as I am trying to put together a PIF of my own.

16. stampncarve

stampncarve New Member

That is one sweet offer. That oculd be the best Father's Day gift for someone.

Paul

17. ajsaxs

ajsaxs Active Member

Please count me in.

This is a great offer.

Thank You !

18. fishgutmartyr

fishgutmartyr Member

Just a tip of the hat to you, sir. Makes me wish I was still new to this.

DO NOT INCLUDE.

19. over5feet

over5feet Active Member

I wonder if I count as a newbie? If so count me in, And if I get picked a brush and arko stick would do me and someone else could try the rest and with the left overs if allowed I would like to add Gem razor + 4 blades and penhaligons sent samples

20. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

(Don't include me...)

Jason, what a wonderful gesture. I hope this stuff goes to someone that will enjoy it (I can't imaging anyone that wouldn't).

This is the sort of kindness that makes TSD a great place! You rock! :happy096:signs107::git:1respect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.