Free samples from Trumper's

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Darkbulb, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Based on a recommendation on this forum I contacted Trumper's to see if they could send me some samples of their products as I had not tried any of them myself.

I got an email from a Ms Rebecca Baron who was extremely helpful and w/in a week (from the UK to California) - I had this in my mailbox:

[​IMG]

A nice canvas draw-string pouch w/ Geo F Trumper logo on the front..and some goodies!

Included were;

Five Cologne sample bottles with;
    Skye (very interesting blue colour and smells fantastic),
    Ajaccio Violets,
    Sandalwood
    Lavender Water
    Curzon

Three Shaving Cream samples with;
    Almond,
    Rose
    Coconut Oil
    (samples are big enough for about two shaves each I say)

Two pretty large sample bottles of "Skin Food", with;
    Sandalwood
    Extract of Limes

I absolutely LOVED the Sandalwood Cologne and will be placing an order for that Cologne.
    Greatly appreciated the samples (and pouch) and looking forward to trying out the shaving creams.

For anyone wanting to contacting Rebecca if you're interested in some free samples her email is Rebecca - at - Trumpers dot com

Thanks Trumpers and my order is on its way :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Nice score... I am interested to hear your impressions of the other samples, too.

3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Colognes:

Ranking them according to MY preference, I'd say I'd rank them;

1) Sandalwood
    It really is amazing. Smells clear, crisp and lingers quite a bit.

2) Ajaccio Violets
    Herbal..with some spice in it. Very pleasing. I wouldn't say the violet is very prominent though.

3) Curzon
    Definetively some spicy kick to it. Light though. I think this would be a great summer scent.

4) Skye
    Pretty complex and faint at the same time. Jasmine I think. Interesting blue colour. A bit too faint for me.

5) Lavender Water
    The faintest one in the lot. I'm not a Lavender fan so this is of course highly subjective.

Still have to go through the "Skin food" (after I figure out what they are for :) ) and shave w/ the creams.

Tdmsu and Slow Joe like this.
  4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

The skin food works great as a preshave. Just rub a little on your beard, wait a couple of minutes and lather up right on top of it. Leisureguy also says you can put a little on top of a puck of Mitchells Wool Fat and it makes it much eaisier to work up a lather.

Slow Joe likes this.
  5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks for the info on the skin food, will for sure try that when I also try out the creams

cmorris357 likes this.
  6. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Just got my second batch of samples from Trumpers, this time the skin food. Tried the sandlewood and loved it. Face lathering seemed easier, or I could be getting better, I don't know which, but there was less irritation and I used it as an aftershave feels and smells great. Didn't realise there were cologne samples to be had need to e mail Rebecca again:) .

7. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

You got all that for free just by asking?

8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yes.
    I would say though, I wouldn't go back and ask for more samples unless I also had purchased something - this is a great way to 'sample' something before you make your purchase decision and not to be abused to stock up on mini-vials of things :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    RaZorBurn123 and droberts0503 like this.
  9. Slow Joe

I don't know how Darkbulb did it, but I wrote to Trumpets, Taylors of Bond Street, DR Harris and Truefitt and Hill. Only Trumpets were helpful. I am curious if anyone has had any luck getting free samples with any other firm?

10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Floris of London is very generous in giving out a lot of their cologne samples. But beware, you may really end up buying some as they are also most excellent products. I bought their #89 after loving the sample so much and it's now my go-to.

11. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

U think the ship to sweden? =P

12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Well..Sweden is closer to the UK than the US...so why not? ;-)
    Skriv till henne och fraga ;-)

Omelmad likes this.
  13. Omelmad

Lol, whast did you type? I could use some inspiration =P

14. Batman9402

Batman9402 Active Member

nice looking stuff

15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I just wrote and said I had heard good stuff about their line of products and was curious to sample some.
    I wrote I'd be especially interested in trying their cologne and shaving creams if she would happen to have some samples.
    W/in a week or so I had a little box in my mailbox :)

I ended up buying a cologne from them just based on the samples so I guess (and hope) it does pay off for them :)

Omelmad likes this.
  16. Omelmad

They didnt go for it =)

17. Slow Joe

Do you mean they won't send them to you?

18. Omelmad

They have a sample pack for sale, £8.00 but shipping is to high =\

19. Slow Joe

Just got my Floris and Trumpets colognes today. Kind of hoping I won't like the Floris because they are way out of my price range. Still, I should smell good for a week or so :)

20. Slow Joe

That's a real shame.