FREE STUFF - Japanese Haul...

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Vlasta, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    So I am in Japan on business and as is my habit I trawled a few cosmetic shops looking for shave stuff. I also went to Tokyu Hands which also sells cosmetics and some shave related items too. Well to cut a long story short I purchased the following items from Tokyu Hands

[​IMG][​IMG]

The brush is a nice little badger. The soap - I used the one in the tube yesterday and it was really slick although it produced next to no lather, maybe it is a true shave cream and not a cream soap? Who knows. The other soap is actually a powder and I have yet to try that one. All of the 4711 stuff I have tried and it is great. I already owned a bottle of the skin milk so this is an extra. The cologne and aftershave are super. Real barbershop scent. The blades are self explanatory.

Next - from Sundrug pharmacy. I spotted these strange packs marked KAI and scooped up two packs of each on a whim. Pack 1 contained some disposable Kamisori and pack two some dainty little single blade disposables. All-metal construction too.

All in all I am quite happy with my haul. One other thing I spotted was a single pack of Schick Injector blades which I did not buy as I don't have an injector razor.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's a Haul, Sir! Some folks like to post when they have an item or an order on the way in What are you waiting on to arrive...? Since you have possession of the items I'll move the thread to Show and Tell. Next time you get some goodies post in The Haul so everyone can live vicariously through your good fortune.

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

In the USA, where I am, when English speaking people write "mail call!!" like that, it's really slang for "something new has appeared." Your new Japanese haul is a perfect example of what the slang term "mail call" means, it's a very happy concept.

Keithmax and RyX like this.
  4. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

That is awesome. Cool items.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Great haul! I've always wanted to visit Japan and it's in my bucket list. The 4711 is on my want list.

6. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Great haul! I love the label on the 4711. I've heard of 4711 but don't know a thing about their products. Looks like I'm gonna have to do a little research!

RyX likes this.
  7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

That's an awesome haul - it shows Japan is in the wetshaving business. Enjoy!

8. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

That skin milk looks interesting, like the glass bottle and the scent of 4711.

9. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    The 4711 stuff is great - layering it up after a shave!!!

Jorvaljr likes this.
  10. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I am keen AND scared to try those little disposable kamisori....

danbuter and AGHisBBS like this.
  11. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Is the 4711 stuff cheaper in Japan?

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  12. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I don't know although since I cannot get it in Hong Kong where I live then I would say "likely". if I bought online then most won't ship liquids and if they do the shipping prices are crazy. I attach a photo of the receipt from the store - in my crazy feeding frenzy I never took much notice of the exact pricing so if anyone can read Japanese......

[​IMG]
    file and image uploader

Jorvaljr and Keithmax like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

basenotes.net is my go to info source for scent data.
    Click here.

14. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I tried one of the mini kamisori today. VERY sharp and because of the lightness have to be so careful with pressure. Almost like stroking with a feather. Only one nick so not doing so bad........

Jayaruh, Zykris, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  15. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I know the feeling. Living in South Korea when I go back to the US I go with empty suitcases and come back with them full.

16. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Right. Kami and SE both tried. Now it is everyone else's chance. I am giving away 5 sets. 1 kami and 1 SE. First come first served. Free is good right?

17. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:bounce015: Free is excellent. I would like to try them. A very nice gesture.

18. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    PM me your address. Four more to go. No need to respond to thread just PM me your addresses and I will send to the first 5 people who respond.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Score!

Zykris and BigMark83 like this.
  20. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    You want in? PM me your address.