French Green Clay Mask

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Baron, Jun 22, 2007.

1. jramire2

jramire2 Member

I picked up some NOW European clay from Whole foods last night. It was either that or Aztec brand clay (which is betonite).

I used some of this stuff last night, looks just like the QED stuff, but is available locally for $5 for 8ozs (dry).

Should last a while. Has anyone used this? I'm sure it's not as good as QED, but want to make sure I was at least using the same kind of clay.

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

this stuff rocks !!

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Now THAT's what I always thought Nessie looks like :rofl

Naaah, just kidding, Rick, looks great ::

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Shrek! :rofl

Shrek.jpg

5. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

wheres the love ????

You guys are brutal !!

......but I still loves ya :p

6. icemncmth

icemncmth New Member

I get my green clay from my local health food store...

I get a 1 lb jar for 7 bucks...

Great stuff!

7. Smedley

Smedley New Member

I'll have to go scout out my local health food store, then.

8. Baron

Baron New Member

I picked some up at Whole Foods... but I'll have to order some from QED, either Whole Foods was out of the less expensive stuff, or they just decided to charge a lot for what I got :)

9. jramire2

jramire2 Member

I got 8 ounces(dry) of NOW european clay at Whole foods for $6. Doubt it's as good as QED, but still seemed pretty good to me.

10. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

Just reading up on this topic, as I also for quite some time have wanted to try the green stuff.

Anyway as a few of you already know of this place http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/clay/clay.html and they have quite a good write up on different types of clays and what each one is suited to use wise.

I did email them asking which would suit my oily skin type, and they answered back advising that they as sellers are not in a position to advise on anything. But in the next paragraph did go on to say that plain old Fullers earth clays have the strongest pulling power for oily skin types.

I thought if I'm going to buy I might get one of each, Fullers Earth, French Green clay, and Rhassoul clay, along with some Hydro-sols which they also sell. I figure Lavender and Lime hydro-sols.

Has anyone dealt with this company, and what are their shipping rates like?

Cheers
    John

11. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Members on B&B have gotten very good results from them.

I emailed them about acne and they told me the same thing about not being allowed to give medical advice. Still, they gave me these suggestions:
    Lavender and Lime oils or hydrosols are also good. A few drops in your French Green Clay or Fuller Earth's Clay should make a very potent facial concoction.

12. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

Thanks Telly,

I would like to give them a whirl I think. Now I will have to check out the US postal service to see what costs for shipping to Oz with maybe 3 1/2lbs package.

I did ask them if they would ship 1/2 lb lots but nah not interested.

Cheers
    John

13. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I've bought from them several times and have been quite pleased.

14. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

Just as an update, shipping rates for me to Oz from Moutain Herbs they want over $60 for a 3 1/2lb package, bit extreme I think cost more in shipping than the product itself. :mad:

Cheers
    John

15. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I ship to Australia a least once a month. It's one of the most expensive places for me to ship to.

16. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

So just out of curiosity what do you ship down here on a regular basis?

Cheers
    John

17. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I own a horse equipment company. (Not my day job) We ship Western Show Horse Equipment worldwide. Fancy silver bridles, bits, halters, saddles and so on. We can't even ship a saddle to AU due to the prohibitive shipping cost for the customer. It's becoming more popular in AU.

18. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

That's very interesting, and yes the penny has just dropped, I can now work out what your nick means as in quarter horses do it all. I must be a Queenslander or something (sorry James only joking)

We have a reputation here for good quarter horses, are they the same as the American quarter horse?

Sorry I have got way of topic here. :signs080

Cheers
    John

19. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Yes, Quarter Horses are very popular in AUS and are the same as the ones in USofA.

20. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Relaxing right now with a nice mask on. Then after I wash it off I will put a little Da Vinci water on. Then a glass of Johnnie Gold. This is exactly how the directions say to do it. Scotch is optional. ;)

Howzat? They might as well include it in the instructions :D