Fried Bologna Friday!

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Dridecker, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Join the fun this Friday the 25th!

That is right folks, after talking it over with several of the fine members of this board, we are going to have a "Fried Bologna Friday" to coincide with "Grandpa Shave Friday"!

Never had a Fried Bologna Sandwich? Ahh.. You don't know what you are missing. These bring back childhood memories for me every time I eat one, as they were my dads favorite, and have become my oldest sons comfort food that I must make for him when he is sick. I was surprised to find out how many people enjoy this fine delicacy. :happy088

For those that aren't familiar with them. this page gives you an idea about what I am talking about. Looks good, but I like more char on mine! :drool

Of course everyone will have their own take on them, so take pictures and share your creations!

2. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Count me in! :eatdrink020

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Well I am defiantly in.. Now what AS goes good with fried B o l o n g a. (who thought of the song when they read that heh)

Fuzzy

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    You are a defiant little bunny, ain'tcha? ;)

I'll take my sandwich with mayo and cucumber slices, please? Soft white bread. Thank you. :drool Oh, and more char.

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I is.. when the spell checker let me know that I had the original word wrong that was one of the choices,,,.. I got to thinking that suited me about right ., LOL:D

I have had cucumber sammages with mayo,. never with the bologna though,
    Fuzzy

6. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Oddly enough a co-worker and I were just discussing fried bologna sandwiches on Friday last. I take mine with a fried egg and some melted cheese, a lot of mayo and some beefsteak tomatoes.

7. Crankymoose

Crankymoose Member

that actually looks very good :eek:
    the stuff they sell for bologna near where I live uggh not so much, my dog wouldn't even eat that stuff :sick007 must be one of those things sort of like cheese curds great in some areas but not others

8. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I love fried bologna. I ate it as a kid all the time. My mom would cut a slit in it before frying it, and the slit would expand. She called them PacMan. [​IMG]

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

So THAT is where Pac Man went. ya momma fried him up.:D

Fuzzy

10. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I'm in, fo' sho'!

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

After the plumbing bill might be all week? I will donate a few packs myself. for the wife and kids don't ya know.
    Fuzzy

12. sol92258

exactly what I'm thinking...hopefully we can keep the gas on long enough for the frying part :rofl

13. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

FBF minus 3 days and counting!

14. sol92258

hmmm, methinks me may be having a FBF "practice session" on Thursday :D .... you know, to make sure I have everything in order and all the ingredients ready to eliminate possible impediments to the FBF going smoothly

15. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Oscar Mayer thick cut works great, that was my dad's bologna of choice actually.

You got it Rodd, that was how it was cooked in our house growing up, and I still cook it that way if I don't get extra thick cut deli bologna.

16. sol92258

yeah for the thick cut kind, the way to go

as for the cuts, we always did a little radiation-sign looking three cuts on it

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

If they cut mine off I still got the camp stove..:D

18. sol92258

oooh, good thinkin'!

19. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Don't forget tomorrow night! :eatdrink020

Serving Fried Bologna Sandwiches with Irish Nachos on the side.

Then as long as the rain holds off, taking the family out to the local stock car races, first time we have been out there in years!

20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I can't play. Amy didn't send me any bologna. :sad024