From Russia with love.!!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by The Shaving Zone, May 16, 2018.

1. The Shaving Zone

The Shaving Zone Well-Known Member

Today I received a very exited Mail Call.. all the way from beautiful Russia!! Kindly sent to me by a good friend. SvetlanaDeko shaving soaps, artisan made in Russia by Svetlana (artisan soap maker) can't wait for tomorrow's shave!! The scents are truly unique and masculine! Complex scents that are hard to describe.!! But very pleasant to my nose!! :shaver received_172705853438553.jpeg

Steve56, BigMark83, Hembree and 13 others like this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Nice. Please post back your thoughts after using.

I used a fair amount of Russian creams, but never a soap nor an artisan. I think I have enjoyed most of everything I have used.

Yehuda D, Shaver X, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  3. The Shaving Zone

Greetings dear friend,

I also have some Russian shaving creams in my rotation and I really enjoy them a lot too!! This will be my first time trying a shaving soap from Russia! And also my first time trying an artisan soap!! Thank you so much for your comments and will definitely write my thoughts after tomorrow's shave!! :happy088:

Barbus shaving soap and creams from Slovakia!! received_10156410777619674.jpg

Shaver X, Hembree, Yehuda D and 9 others like this.
  4. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Please let us know how they work!

5. The Shaving Zone

Absolutely, I can't wait to shave tomorrow morning :shaver

Shaver X, Hembree and Yehuda D like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i would love to try a russian shave soap/cream/aftershave. their blades rock...

Hembree and Yehuda D like this.
  7. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

My brother lives in Lithuania. I am thinking to ask him for bringing to me some Russian, Lithuanian Shaving equipment, especially creams.
    Could you inform and give some recommendations ?
    Which creams should i ask for?

Shaver X, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

There is or perhaps was another artisan Russian shaving soap named Для Бритья which in Russian means simply “For Shaving.” I received a big block of this soap a number of years ago and it was actually very nice. If I remember correctly the scent was lemony with some lavender notes and it was an excellent latherer with lots of slickness as well as good postshave care. I honestly don’t know if this soap is still in production.

Keithmax, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  9. Z-2

Z-2 Well-Known Member

I have tried many russian creams, but never seen this one

Yehuda D and Frijolero like this.
  10. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Yehuda D likes this.