Front Pocket Wallets

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Gilligan and Walter, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Gilligan and Walter

Gilligan and Walter Active Member

Over the years, I have tried many types of front pocket wallets. I'm currently using a Bellroy Slim Sleeve.

Are there any other front pocket wallet users out there?

Bama Samurai and GDCarrington like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I am on who uses a front pocket wallet.

After being read the riot act by my chiropractor on the issues of spine misalignment due to sitting on a wallet, I made the switch. I am using a generic wallet that I have had for about four years now. Would never think of using any other type now.

3. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

I wear bibbed overalls every day, so my front pocket wallet is
    the same as my back pocket wallet.

Farmers.
    We've got this logistics thing figured out...... :D

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    BigMark, GSlim66, Jostalli and 7 others like this.
  4. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

I used to just use a big metal paperclip as my front pocket wallet. Cards and ID in the middle, cash wrapped around.
    Like this;
    [​IMG]

But while I was on vacation in Toronto this past October, I finally bought a 'real' wallet. It is made by Hershel, and I love the thing. It is small, with card slots on one side, a little inner pocket, and a money clip on the other side. And the best part is that it is red leather. Like this;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't think I could ever go back to regular back pocket wallet. Plus it always reminds me of the Seinfeld episode about George's gigantic wallet.

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nope. Old school gotta check to make sure your wallet is still in your back pocket kinda guy.

Spud and Bristle Me like this.
  6. Gilligan and Walter

Agreed. Once you start using a front pocket wallet, you never want to return to a big, thick back pocket wallet. In reality, you really never have to carry every credit card, store loyalty card, etc. that you own. As a matter of fact, there's really only six store loyalty cards I use on a regular basis. Instead of carrying all six loyalty cards, years ago I went to a site (www.justoneclubcard.com) but the site is no longer available. At the site, you could enter your loyalty card information and print a small 2 x 3" card on your personal printer using 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Then you could simply cut out the area and have the card laminated. It is so thin and my six loyalty cards are printed back and front. They are still scannable; but you have to cover the other numbers with your fingers when scanning.

In light of the fact that www.justoneclubcard.com is no longer available, you can simply scan your most used club cards then cut out the bar codes and tape them and label them on another sheet of paper. Cut it to size and laminate it. This option works too and is beneficial for front pocket wallet users.

GDCarrington and macaronus like this.
  7. Mr. Droid

My girlfriend uses an app that you input your loyalty card info, then you just pull it up on your phone and they scan it. It is cool, but not for me. I just keep the few loyalty cards that I use in keychain form. But I have cut them way back to the few cards that give me actual discounts, versus the cards that just track my buying habits for the corporate overlords.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  8. Gilligan and Walter

I too use an app on my iPhone called keyringthing. I sometimes get nervous handing my phone over to people with dirty or slippery hands.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Large bifold back pocket wallet for me - hated by chiropractors worldwide! :happy097:

photo.jpg

10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Might still be functional through the time back machine: http://web.archive.org/web/20140901135932/http://www.justoneclubcard.com/index.py

11. Mr. Droid

Wow! It is like a double wallet!

wristwatchb and GDCarrington like this.
  12. Gilligan and Walter

+1 LMAO:happy102:

GDCarrington likes this.
  13. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

My father-in-law got a front wallet for Christmas either last year or the year before and loves it.

GDCarrington likes this.
  14. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

This is a CC holder I make out of 5-6 oz leather. It's saddle stitched and will hold a few cards and bills. I got tired of replacing holders every few years so I make these for friends and family.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419482260.447213.jpg

15. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I use a simple black leather Tumi money clip w/ strong magnets in it

[​IMG]

17. Gilligan and Walter

GDCarrington likes this.
  18. Warhorse

Warhorse Active Member

Truthfully I use three different kinds:
    Front folder when in civvies
    Trifold velcro folder in ACU pattern when in uniform (has a quick access ID card front pocket)
    A chain wallet when I'm riding

The front pocket folder was a groomsman's gift from a wedding about six years ago. Simple leather with two card holder pockets and a clip for cash (which unfortunately rarely ever had anything in it).

19. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks! The wallet fills up your back pocket for sure, but it is reasonably thin when it is folded.

20. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

???

Strong magnets?
    Only for cash?
    I would think those magnets would wipe out the magnetic strip
    on a credit card and make it unusable pretty quickly.

BigMark likes this.