Front Pocket Wallets

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Gilligan and Walter, Dec 24, 2014.

1. huckelberry hound

huckelberry hound Active Member

my favorite wallet, comes with fisher space pen and moleskin Volant notebook good quality and fits great in your front pocket love having pen and paper on me at all times. by form function form

Attached Files:

Gilligan and Walter likes this.
  2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I carry one of the cheap Wallyworld front pocket wallets with the magnetic clamp on it.

I've only ever had the reprogrammable cards get wiped out, like hotel room keys, credit cards seem to be fine.

I have my eye on that Bellroy Slim Sleeve.....

3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

One would think so but after three years still no issue. Go figure.
    But then again, most of my cards have now been virtualized and I just pay with my phone

4. Gilligan and Walter

Gilligan and Walter Active Member

Another reason for front pocket wallets is added security. Don't you ever get worried about pick pockets/ unsavory characters?

wristwatchb and GDCarrington like this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

You make a great point about the added security of a front-pocket wallet. I've always carried a wallet in my back pocket and have never had a problem. I'm a wee bit unsavory myself, so I don't worry too much about it. :rofl:

6. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Concerned about having your pocket picked?
    No worries!
    Put one of these in your wallet. (with your own picture of course....)
    If anyone does pick your pocket, I'll bet they will bring it back to you
    right away and claim they "found" it.

(unless they are completely insane.....)

Special Agent Rollah.jpg

Special Agent Rollah? :eek:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I know you're joking but I do believe impersonating a federal agent is a federal crime so..well...maybe not a good idea :D

8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I been looking for an "AFFORDABLE" front pocket wallet that actually fits all my stuff cards & money, that I can afford, for sometime now, so far nothing. :) So I now wear Propper BDU pants and have adopted a duel wallet carry. In my left front pocket I also use a binderclip as a money clip like @Mr. Droid. It will hold as few or as many bills(from 20+ bills to a single bill) as I need at any given time. It's the best functioning, most secure "money clip" I've ever used! :happy088:

That leaves the drivers license, ID card, credit card, auto & health insurance card, hospital card, grocery store loyalty card, wife and kids picture, a few assorted business cards etc. So I carry another(small as possible) wallet in my lower right front cargo pocket. Although it sounds like a lot it, the system actually works quite well, isn't bulky and easily holds everything I need as far as paper money and important cards are concerned and holds them safely and securely in my front pants pockets. The BDU pants also hold a cell phone in a special front pocket and my pocket knife clips(tip up) out of the way, but very accessible in my left back pocket and if I have the need I can carry a bandana or handkerchief in the other back pocket. On those VERY few occasions when I wear slacks the set up stills works well, although then I need to carry the card wallet in the same pocket as my keys. :)

9. tito catson

tito catson Active Member

10. Gilligan and Walter

Gilligan and Walter Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, the Bass outlet store has a wallet like post #29 for under $30.

11. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

I like to think of myself as a savory character. I'm salty.

wristwatchb and 178-bplatoon like this.
  12. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Yes, I was, and yes, it is.
    But you've got to admit that if you just opened a wallet you lifted and found such an ID........ :eek: :eek: :eek:

Darkbulb likes this.
  13. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

That is pretty cool. I love the Fisher pen and have tried carrying them, but the pocket clip always pops off and gets lost. Then the pen is so small it just slops around in my pocket... oh well, first world problems I guess.

14. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

What's that green thing wrapped around the credit card? Haha oh it's cash not used to seeing that.

15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have a Fossil front pocket wallet that I have only been using whenever I get dressed up, which means every Sunday for church and the rare special occasions.

Because of this thread, I'm having a go at using it as my main wallet.

I do have a concern and ask you good folks if it is a legitimate concern - if I carry my phone in the same pocket, will the magnetic strips on my credit cards be ruined?

16. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

@swarden43
    Hasn't happened to me at all. Of course...

Wait for it...

YMMV

BigMark, CyanideMetal and swarden43 like this.
  17. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

18. s2mason

s2mason New Member

Many years I had constant back problems, until my chiro had me switch my wallet to the front pocket. It changed my life. I now carry a small leather zip wallet in my front pocket. Easily holds multiple cards/ID/bills. Would never go back to back pocket carry again.

19. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I have to switch to a front pocket wallet. The corners of my wallet keep wearing holes in my khaki's. And no it's not a George Costanza wallet..........

20. Spit_Fire

Spit_Fire Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    Spud and Gilligan and Walter like this.