FS: 3 Cheap Shave Ready Straights

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by msandoval858, Jun 18, 2008.

1. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Weeding out some of my older blades that don't get used as often. These three are not cosmetically perfect by any means, but they have great edges on them and are ready to shave.

Note: I don't call myself a honemeister or anything like that, but I can get a blade sharp enough to give me a great shave. These edges are honed up and stropped, ready to go to the best of my ability.

M. Jung No. 80 5/8. Rescaled with plastic Dovo scales. Blade is not spotless but is a great shaver. Scaled are cheap, but work fine. Second pic, notice that the razor is slightly off center... this is because the pivot hole on the blade was drilled slighted crooked. Closes fine though, just thought I'd point it out.

SOLD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dixie Blue Steel (Dixie Mfg Co.) 5/8. This blade is pretty ugly, but it's far better looking than the condition I got it in. I thought it would sand down better, looks ok but not a show piece. It is however a great shaver. I only used it a few times as it's a bit light for my tastes so I don't know how well it holds an edge over the longterm. Scales are ok, have some crap on them, looks like a sticker was on there at one point. Given that I'm dumping it off cheap, I refeshed the edge, made sure it cuts smooth, and out the door it goes for cheap, lol

$15.00 -Pending

[​IMG]

Wiry Beard Razor (Maher & Grosh) 5/8. This one is in pretty nice shape. Has a few spots on the blade that could clean up better. This blade was in my rotation pretty steadily for awhile but I just stopped using it over time. Scales are in great shape. Great shaver. Comes with original coffin.

$35.00 -Pending

[​IMG]

All prices include shipping USPS CONUS.

2. msandoval858

Jung 80 Razor Sold

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

...considering the cheapie. I'd like to get into str8 shaving but dont know if I have the cash to buy a strop too... Hmmmmm

4. sturgeon

sturgeon Member

PM sent on Dixie!

Tim

5. msandoval858

Other two razors pending