FS: 6 Cordovan horsehide strops - Genuine Horween Cordovan **SOLD**

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by heirkb, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heirkb

heirkb New Member

I already had two cordovan strops (Kanoyama and one vintage), but I really wanted to see what Horween cordovan is like. It seems to be the exact same stuff as what my vintage strop is made of, and you can't get one of those anymore.

This is a limited run of these strops and I'm pricing them to sell. My prices are around half the cost of other vendors for cordovan strops using the same type of leather. This Horween cordovan is very expensive leather. 3 strops are made from traditional un-dyed cordovan, and 3 are made from a burgundy shell. The feel of the leather is the same IMO. This cordovan and my Kanoyama are the only strops I've kept around.

Strops are numbered 1-6 and are made with just cordovan. There are a few sites that'll sell a lot of different backings if you want one, and they're not expensive.

Temporarily withdrawn from sale here.Strop 1- Burgundy cordovan with vintage hardware. 22.75" long x 2.5" wide.
    Asking 90 USD shipped CONUS.

SOLD!!! Strop 2- Burgundy cordovan with hanging hardware. 17" long x 2" wide.
    Asking 65 USD shipped CONUS.

SOLD!!! Strop 3- Burgundy cordovan travel/small strop with D-Ring. 13.75" long x 2" wide. It's small, but I could easily strop on it and I'm no pro.
    Asking 30 USD shipped CONUS.

SOLD!!! Strop 4- Brown cordovan with hanging hardware. 20.75" long x 2.75" wide (a little more than 2.75 actually). Has a minor scratch on the leather that you can't really see unless in the right lighting. Doesn't affect stropping.
    Asking 90 USD shipped CONUS.

SOLD!!! Strop 5- Brown cordovan with D-Ring. 18" long x almost 2.25" wide.
    Asking 65 USD shipped CONUS.

Strop 6- Brown cordovan travel/small strop with D-Ring. 13.25" long x 2" wide.
    Asking 30 USD shipped CONUS

I've added better pictures, but the strops are still much nicer in real life.

Detailed pictures of each strop and its hardware are in the following album: http://s709.photobucket.com/albums/ww92/heirkb/Genuine Horween cordovan strops/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. heirkb

heirkb New Member

Bump.

3. heirkb

heirkb New Member

Strop #2 and #4 are sold. The others are still here.

4. heirkb

heirkb New Member

Now strops 2, 4, and 5 are sold.
    The travel strops are the only ones I have in my hands at the moment.

5. heirkb

heirkb New Member

2, 3, 4, and 5 are all sold.

1 is out on loan and if the person who has it passes on it, I'll post it on its own later.

The brown travel strop is the last one that I have in my hands at the moment.

6. heirkb

heirkb New Member

2-6 are now all sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.